Your Best Never Double A Side

I'm sure we have had threads before about favourite double A sides and there are tons of great examples - there must be 100's on the Motown labels alone!

A couple of favourites of mine and imho are in the "every home should have one" category are the Masqueraders I'm Just An Average Guy c/w I Ain't Gonna Stop and The Soul Majestics Missing You c/w I Done Told You Baby but what about those that should have been paired on the same record? - what would your perfect Double A side be?

To kick off, mine would be a pairing of 2 Brief Encounter tracks - "Just A Little Notion" which was released on a 45 and "Where Will I Go" which was recorded round about the same time but was never released until much later. These two superb tracks sound to me as if they were recorded at the same session and would have made my perfect Double A. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

IMG_0386.thumb.JPG.942d0623c45f66f8004a6a46cb2ddb25.JPG

If only this song was on the top side of "panic is on",it really would make my day,whether it be a U.K. red and white,or a US black issue...two awesome sounds..

(a few years ago the two were released back to back by reissue label "Stardust",but it hasn't got the same kudos...)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!