woolie mark

This made me laugh - Joker bootleg of Peanut Duck on Discogs

I notice that on Discogs the composers of Peanut Duck are listed as "Gilly/Jilly"

Mugs!

Surprisingly not in blue font, giving a link to any of their other compositions :lol:  

They also disappointingly fail to credit the publishers "Butch Music"

Anyway, obviously I know who "Gilly" is....but I don't know who "Jilly" is.  Can one of you old-timers educate me?

Can I say by the way, it's no great secret who put out the Joker bootlegs but I suspect they might not want this to be publicised.  So can we please not "out" him (or her) on this topic? :shhh: 

peanut duck.png

Hi Gilly

You will be on the internet forever now as one of the composers of Peanut Duck :lol:

Have you got around to writing that book yet.....about when you found the original Little Ann recording and stuff like that?

Cheers, Mark

I would absolutely love to read about the things that Mr Hamilton told you....the recordings he played on and the artists he worked with.

Have you got any photographs from when you went over to see him?

Some things I could only tell you verbally just in case, I have a lot of stories and pictures, and most of all I have great memories of those wonderful people who made the music we love, and not only just meet them but spent time, quality time. Got what was Video and now is DVD too

On 25 October 2017 at 23:36, Gilly said:

Some things I could only tell you verbally just in case, I have a lot of stories and pictures, and most of all I have great memories of those wonderful people who made the music we love, and not only just meet them but spent time, quality time. Got what was Video and now is DVD too

Now I'm even more intrigued!

Thanks for replying Gilly, take care mate :hatsoff2:

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links