Jump to content
Gilly

How Rude

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Hi Gilly. How you doing mate?

‘The question is motivation and it’s hangin’ up the whole damn nation...

Britain’s just lost the plot, I blame the politicians and the teachers and Ian Levine...

So there is no blaming the Eskimos on this occasion then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Gilly said:

Don't you just hate it when someone starts a topic and you reply to that in the hope you've contributed to the original post, and then ignored with out any thanks or acknowledgment from the originator

Gilly

Yes I know what you mean. On two occasions in the last month or so  I've spent about an hour getting records and magazines out to scan so I could answer someones question and never got any thanks or reply . Next time I'm not sure I'll bother.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick Cooper said:

Gilly

Yes I know what you mean. On two occasions in the last month or so  I've spent about an hour getting records and magazines out to scan so I could answer someones question and never got any thanks or reply . Next time I'm not sure I'll bother.

Rick

That's just what I mean Rick, a recent one I added to all though not the answer he was looking for I went out of my way to give details on the label address, its owners, and so on, all a bit one sided me thinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2017 at 21:51, Gilly said:

Don't you just hate it when someone starts a topic and you reply to that in the hope you've contributed to the original post, and then ignored with out any thanks or acknowledgment from the originator

I totally agree.  You try to be helpful by offering what information details etc then they either dont reply or even better they try to start an argument by disputing what you have said... i now cannot be @r$ed to reply anymore.. all the info i either either on pc or written down now stays with me cause some people on here are too stuck up their own sphincters.. apart from that hope you are well Gilly.. let them get on with it.. feel better now ive had a rant lol.. going now to play all my bootlegs that i have never brought lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make me wonder too at times, people are well happy to take with no intention of giving back, cheers mate and yes I'm ok  hope its good for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2017 at 18:48, Rick Cooper said:

Gilly

Yes I know what you mean. On two occasions in the last month or so  I've spent about an hour getting records and magazines out to scan so I could answer someones question and never got any thanks or reply . Next time I'm not sure I'll bother.

Rick

Thanks for this Rick. I know where you’re coming from. Going out of your way to research something for someone who can’t manage alone, warrants a big thank you in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding any information posted here that I find beneficial, it is not difficult to show appreciation By giving the thumbs up or even By posting a thank you message. I often do this even if I'm not otherwise involved in the discussion, and if it means that people making the effort are not discouraged from making the effort in future, then job done. Maybe not the perfect substitute for a proper thanks from someone making the original request, but it costs nothing to show a bit of appreciation regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

I totally agree.  You try to be helpful by offering what information details etc then they either dont reply or even better they try to start an argument by disputing what you have said... i now cannot be @r$ed to reply anymore.. all the info i either either on pc or written down now stays with me cause some people on here are too stuck up their own sphincters.. apart from that hope you are well Gilly.. let them get on with it.. feel better now ive had a rant lol.. going now to play all my bootlegs that i have never brought lol

For me personally I enjoy reading a lot of topics without contributing & I find that reading articles where people add information be it as a direct response or added information that was maybe not requested in the original post a god send. There are a great number of knowledgeable people on this site who I believe contribute an awful lot of interesting information & give people like me a great insight into the magical world of Soul & Northern Soul whether it be Artists, Producers, Labels, Soul Club history's etc, that help me grow my own knowledge base. So I would say to all those that feel like Mick please, Please, Please carry on contributing & don't worry if people don't respond or do but in a negative manner chin up your probably the better person with a more giving heart & lots of others like me enjoy reading extra stories & information so that we can read an article from all angles & perspectives.

Kirsty :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

I totally agree.  You try to be helpful by offering what information details etc then they either dont reply or even better they try to start an argument by disputing what you have said... i now cannot be @r$ed to reply anymore.. all the info i either either on pc or written down now stays with me cause some people on here are too stuck up their own sphincters.. apart from that hope you are well Gilly.. let them get on with it.. feel better now ive had a rant lol.. going now to play all my bootlegs that i have never brought lol

do us a CD of them boots mick there's a good  lad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

I totally agree.  You try to be helpful by offering what information details etc then they either dont reply or even better they try to start an argument by disputing what you have said... i now cannot be @r$ed to reply anymore.. all the info i either either on pc or written down now stays with me cause some people on here are too stuck up their own sphincters.. apart from that hope you are well Gilly.. let them get on with it.. feel better now ive had a rant lol.. going now to play all my bootlegs that i have never brought lol

7

dont get it Mick

had a look at your 25  posts

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/profile/37953-greedy-mick/content/

someone questioned you finding a mac staten at a local boot fair for  50p

another member put you right about the skullsnaps 45 

is that what made you post ' i now cannot be @r$ed to reply anymore'   ?

place is setup to offer a lively robust discussion forum, always gonna get the above

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Mike this wasn't a dig at soul source. More to do with an altercation at the last stoke. ( Was called a sad collector who is more worried about the labels etc rather than what is played lol)So it was probably someone who likes to hear the same stuff over and over again.. its just thati am so passionate about this music it hurts that that so many people never hear what is never played.. however i will say this without trying to  be unconstructive.   Gilly and i were chatting at the last rugby and we both said that you have to be careful what you put in posts otherwise someone will say something that can be misconstrued..  ps i did play mac staten in my spot. And also to kisrty i wont stop sharing what i know.  I was just having a grumpy old man moment  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2017 at 14:13, Greedy Mick said:

Hi. Mike this wasn't a dig at soul source. More to do with an altercation at the last stoke. ( Was called a sad collector who is more worried about the labels etc rather than what is played lol)So it was probably someone who likes to hear the same stuff over and over again.. its just thati am so passionate about this music it hurts that that so many people never hear what is never played.. however i will say this without trying to  be unconstructive.   Gilly and i were chatting at the last rugby and we both said that you have to be careful what you put in posts otherwise someone will say something that can be misconstrued..  ps i did play mac staten in my spot. And also to kisrty i wont stop sharing what i know.  I was just having a grumpy old man moment  lol

no worries Mick 

thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

×