the greatest NORTHERN soul artist of all time

Geeselad

The Dells or possibly Gene Chandler.

Both have too many amazing tracks to mention but if I had to pick just one 'Its All Up To You' by The Dells would be my all time  #1 Northern Soul record .

G.C.'s version of 'There Was A Time' is absolutely phenomenal with incredible delivery and passion from the first to last note

A most honourable mention must go to Edwin Starr, Timi Yuro and Major Lance here too !

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Soulsides said:

Both have too many amazing tracks to mention but if I had to pick just one 'Its All Up To You' by The Dells would be my all time  #1 Northern Soul record .

G.C.'s version of 'There Was A Time' is absolutely phenomenal with incredible delivery and passion from the first to last note

A most honourable mention must go to Edwin Starr, Timi Yuro and Major Lance here too !

All good shouts pal

Social source share

13 hours ago, Soulsides said:

James Brown's original was very good indeed, but Gene absolutely nailed it...:yes:  :thumbsup:   Welcome to the site Soulsides :)  :hatsoff2:  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, Bruv said:

James Brown's original was very good indeed, but Gene absolutely nailed it...:yes:  :thumbsup:   Welcome to the site Soulsides :)  :hatsoff2:  

Thanks for the warm welcome Bruv...It's nice to be here.

There's metric tons of knowledge I'm more than happy to learn from the good folks on these boards !

Social source share

5 hours ago, tobytyke said:

Has no one mentioned Bob and Earl yet? Both as a duo and individually,performing writing and producing classic northern.

How many of us got into the scene hearing "Harlem Shuffle" at the youth club disco?

Classic that one Toby, my memories of my first time at a youth club disco was hearing the Nite-Liters - K-Gee and standing in awe watching lads stomping, great times indeed.    

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!