Marvin Gaye-Too Busy G/W Demo for £530!!!!

I have been trying to value my collection so regularly records watch on ebay and other site just to get an idea of where prices are and I have just seen this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marvin-Gaye-Too-Busy-Thinking-About-My-Baby-1969-UK-45-TAMLA-MOTOWN-DEMO-/352183606705?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eXRIpl455vm2hvLCDMh9ldT1AZI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Is this CORRECT??

I have a stone mint copy that is currently sitting on my spreadsheet with what I thought was a fair value of £45, am I missing something or has the world gone completely mad?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Okehdownsouth said:

I have been trying to value my collection so regularly records watch on ebay and other site just to get an idea of where prices are and I have just seen this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marvin-Gaye-Too-Busy-Thinking-About-My-Baby-1969-UK-45-TAMLA-MOTOWN-DEMO-/352183606705?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=eXRIpl455vm2hvLCDMh9ldT1AZI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Last bids increment from £30 to £520 from the same bidder all alone without competition...  :g:Then a sole bid from another bider at £530 to close-up :wicked:

In the real world it's a £40 record or so. If a close minter, might go for more for a purist collector...

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

8 minutes ago, tlscapital said:

Last bids increment from £30 to £520 from the same bidder all alone without competition...  :g:Then a sole bid from another bider at £530 to close-up :wicked:

In the real world it's a £40 record or so. If a close minter, might go for more for a purist collector...

No , two bidders all the way from £29.00 up ...  (hit the Show Auto Bids button) , probably two lazy sods that put ridiculously high bids in their Autobid programs in order to guarantee coming out on top ... and the two programs battled it out unaided.

Will probably get relisted soon when the winning 'bidder' sees what happened and refuses to pay 

Social source share

11 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

No , two bidders all the way from £29.00 up ...  (hit the Show Auto Bids button) , probably two lazy sods that put ridiculously high bids in their Autobid programs in order to guarantee coming out on top ... and the two programs battled it out unaided.

No no. At the bottom you have the last "real" bidder. Then 'g***8' comes into the game and bid over on himself 9 times !!! There's no 'snipe' at work there. Check different days and hours... It's all done on time and manually.

59f4553a170f0_Capturedcran2017-10-2811_55_51.png.7e2e3d49136263737f5b5ff0f61d0f35.png

Social source share

14 minutes ago, tlscapital said:

No no. At the bottom you have the last "real" bidder. Then 'g***8' comes into the game and bid over on himself 9 times !!! There's no 'snipe' at work there. Check different days and hours... It's all done on time and manually.

59f4553a170f0_Capturedcran2017-10-2811_55_51.png.7e2e3d49136263737f5b5ff0f61d0f35.png

Not how it works, g***8 put a max bid of £520 the bids shown are not theirs but other people bidding it up and showing that g***8 is still winning 

Social source share

41 minutes ago, The Zodiac Club said:

Not how it works, g***8 put a max bid of £520 the bids shown are not theirs but other people bidding it up and showing that g***8 is still winning 

OK, my bad. The "proxy bidding" is something I keep forgetting exist. Sorry, me don't like it. Then the other bids not making it just don't show. So nobody knows who took the limit to the sky... More room for the "conspiracy theory"...

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

Whoah ! I couldn't access that since I don 't have a UK eVilBay account I guess. This shows the 2 gamers at work. Fantastic ! Cheers 4 that.

Still, 'g***8' has made a first gigantic leap from 'e***s' bid or increment from £39 to £250 !!! And again from £255 to £360 ! Then from £255 to £360... these are not "proxy bid" increments. But on time manual bids.

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

12 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Whoah ! I couldn't access that since I don 't have a UK eVilBay account I guess. This shows the 2 gamers at work. Fantastic ! Cheers 4 that.

Still, 'g***8' has made a first gigantic leap from 'e***s' bid or increment from £39 to £250 !!! And again from £255 to £360 ! Then from £255 to £360... these are not "proxy bid" increments. But on time manual bids.

Still just crazy money

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Could it be 2 overseas bidders who had forgotten what currency they were bidding in? Or miscalculated the currency conversion?

e***s inadvertently put on a "way too high" max bid.

g***8 kept manually increasing his bid until suddenly had an OMG moment - realised what he had done - and backed out.

Sorry if my logic is flawed but just trying to second guess what happened here. Very rarely buy myself from overseas so apologies if I am talking rubbish. :)

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!