LP only tracks?

SHEFFSOUL

The obvious one to me is the skullsnaps as neither im your pimp or my hang up is you were released as singles the my hang up was only ever booted although it looks genuine.. another one is the mighty marvellos as it has a lot of good tracks including your little sister. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

The obvious one to me is the skullsnaps as neither im your pimp or my hang up is you were released as singles the my hang up was only ever booted although it looks genuine.. another one is the mighty marvellos as it has a lot of good tracks including your little sister. 

That's nonsense. My Hang Up Is You / It's A New Day was released legitimately in 1973 in both the US (GSF 6891) and the UK (GSZ 7).

• Up vote 2
Social source share

sometimes "i don't answer the exam question" - forgive me if this is the case i this instance...but

What, No 45's?: A Selection of Northern Soul Only Out on LP, a collection of two-dozen performances lost in the grooves before Northern DJs brought them to light. 

Not collectable, but a dozen in one place.

what no 45.JPG

Social source share

01. Ohio Players - Love Slipped Through My Fingers 02. Clyde McPhatter - Please Give Me One More Chance 03. Freda Payne - You Never Should Have Loved Me 04. Spyder Turner - I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face 05. Tempests - Someday 06. Arthur Conley - Keep On Talking 07. Barbara McNair - More Today Than Yesterday 08. Fabulous Knickerbockers - Your Kind Of Lovin' 09. Metros - I'll Never Forget You 10. Freddie Scott - Open The Door To Your Heart 11. Gloria Lynne - I've Just Gotta Tell Somebody 12. Patti Drew - I Cant Shake It Loose 13. Freddie Butler - I Fell In Love 14. Mary Wells - My Mind's Made Up 15. Bobby Hebb - I Am Your Man 16. Tempests - I Cried For You 17. Vi Velasco - Benefit Of The Doubt 18. Flamingos - Since My Baby Put Me Down 19. Spyder Turner - I'm Alive With A Loving Feeling 20. Mary Wells - We're Just Two Of A Kind 21. Evergreen Blues - I Dont Want To Lose You 22. Gloria Lynne - How Did You Make Me Love You 23. Metros - Unlucky Sun 24. Clyde McPhatter - Mr Heartache 25. Sarah Vaughan - I Know A Place

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Just dug these out at the weekend.

Donn Thomas. how can I help but love her.

Peobo Bryson. Why don't you make up your mind.

The Impressions. A don't wanna lose youre lovin.

Chapter 8. Its my turn.

Mighty Fire. Sweet Fire.

For the modern soul lovers, loved all these tracks from the early 80s.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 10/30/2017 at 20:40, 21 again said:

Just dug these out at the weekend.

Donn Thomas. how can I help but love her.

Peobo Bryson. Why don't you make up your mind.

The Impressions. A don't wanna lose youre lovin.

Chapter 8. Its my turn.

Mighty Fire. Sweet Fire.

For the modern soul lovers, loved all these tracks from the early 80s.

The last track was on 45, flip to 'I could write a love song' which came out twice.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

...and we moan about the crazy, inflated prices being asked for records!

What has the OP added to this thread other than further demands on our knowledge and expertise?

Social source share

From the Japanese Goldwax LP the alternative, and in my opinion better version of Wee Willie Walker's I Don't Want to Take A Chance. Also, the Hit Em Hard soundtrack LP which includes Delilah Moore's It Takes Love.

With regard to LP only tracks there are loads of then, Soul Children, O Jays, Maxine Brown etc.

Social source share

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 16:02, Kenb said:

sometimes "i don't answer the exam question" - forgive me if this is the case i this instance...but

What, No 45's?: A Selection of Northern Soul Only Out on LP, a collection of two-dozen performances lost in the grooves before Northern DJs brought them to light. 

Not collectable, but a dozen in one place.

what no 45.JPG

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!