LP only tracks?

SHEFFSOUL

On 10/29/2017 at 21:15, Greedy Mick said:

The obvious one to me is the skullsnaps as neither im your pimp or my hang up is you were released as singles the my hang up was only ever booted although it looks genuine.. another one is the mighty marvellos as it has a lot of good tracks including your little sister. 

"My Hang Up Is You" got issued on a single both in US and UK.

"l'm Your Pimp" is LP only (apart from the boot)

Social source share

Back in the day loads that were LP only

Four Seasons, Mike Post Col. Outsiders, Robert Knight, Gladys Knight, Total Eclipse,  Watts 103rd St Rhythm Band,

Betty Wright, Al Wilson, Exciters, Danny Wagner, Detroit Sound, Metros, JJ Barnes, Mr Bloe, etc

A few that l could think of off top of my head.

P.S. how did l forget Bobby Hutton

Edited by davetay
Social source share

23 hours ago, Dayo said:

Off the top of my head...

Marvelettes - Your Love Can Save Me

wasn't there an instrumental of Tears of a Clown played from an LP (late days of the Torch)

Yes, I had the album with Tears of a Clown instro back then but i`ve long forgotten who it was by.

As for the Marvelettes........ A-Grade rarity!

your love can save me.JPG

Edited by Guest
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Dayo said:

Off the top of my head...

Marvelettes - Your Love Can Save Me

wasn't there an instrumental of Tears of a Clown played from an LP (late days of the Torch)

I remember this version being played round our way.

Paul

tears of a clown.jpg

Edited by Paul r
Social source share

On 11/5/2017 at 23:17, davetay said:

Back in the day loads that were LP only

Four Seasons, Mike Post Col. Outsiders, Robert Knight, Gladys Knight, Total Eclipse,  Watts 103rd St Rhythm Band,

Betty Wright, Al Wilson, Exciters, Danny Wagner, Detroit Sound, Metros, JJ Barnes, Mr Bloe, etc

A few that l could think of off top of my head.

P.S. how did l forget Bobby Hutton

Which Danny Wagner one? Which Mr. Bloe one? Only reason I ask is 'cos I have these 2 LPs and would like to document it.

Social source share

10 hours ago, Soul-Slider said:

Which Danny Wagner one? Which Mr. Bloe one? Only reason I ask is 'cos I have these 2 LPs and would like to document it.

Danny Wagner "This Thing Called Love"  Played in 74

Mr Bloe "Land Of A 1000 Dances" Played in 73

Edited by davetay
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest son of stan
On 11/2/2017 at 11:15, SHEFFSOUL said:

i don't understand your comment..please explain..

Well, no offence intended but it just felt like you were asking others to share info without sharing any in return.

My wider objection, as a collector, is that threads like this just become a ready reference resource for sellers and, given the ridiculous prices now being asked for all records of all kinds and genres,  make it less likely that I will get something for even a fair and reasonable price, let alone a bargain!

The more we catalogue and document 'northern soul' the further away it gets from the things that made it what it was....At least, that is my opinion.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

On 01/11/2017 at 23:13, son of stan said:

...and we moan about the crazy, inflated prices being asked for records!

What has the OP added to this thread other than further demands on our knowledge and expertise?

Really?....well let`s not bother posting anything then eh?

Just stay in your locked room why don`t you!

Social source share

Guest son of stan
3 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

Really?....well let`s not bother posting anything then eh?

Just stay in your locked room why don`t you!

Okay, right.I explained what I meant there and I think I am entitled to my opinion. But I can hardly see how your contribution has added to the discussion. Are you a bit angry about something Steve?

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

I always thought this site was about soul music , not about the buying and selling of music as a commodity ,please please please , everybody , keep on documenting and educating  people that are interested in soulful music . 🎶🎶🎶✌

14 hours ago, son of stan said:

Well, no offence intended but it just felt like you were asking others to share info without sharing any in return.

My wider objection, as a collector, is that threads like this just become a ready reference resource for sellers and, given the ridiculous prices now being asked for all records of all kinds and genres,  make it less likely that I will get something for even a fair and reasonable price, let alone a bargain!

The more we catalogue and document 'northern soul' the further away it gets from the things that made it what it was....At least, that is my opinion.

Social source share

18 hours ago, son of stan said:

No offence intended?..are you kidding..just for your info THIS IS A FORUM..where information and opinion are shared and by the existence of encouraged. Ive contributed to countless threads since i joined in 2008 and thought the thread would benefit myself and others..sounds like you are only interested in your own desire to bag a bargain..you are so wide of the mark its untrue..information has been shared on northern soul since its beginings..YOU i suspect are at odds with that...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Spain pete said:

I always thought this site was about soul music , not about the buying and selling of music as a commodity ,please please please , everybody , keep on documenting and educating  people that are interested in soulful music . 🎶🎶🎶✌

well said spain Pete!!

Social source share

21 hours ago, son of stan said:

Okay, right.I explained what I meant there and I think I am entitled to my opinion. But I can hardly see how your contribution has added to the discussion. Are you a bit angry about something Steve?

Angry?........ moi? :lol:

Arthritis is acting up but no, not really. I just thought your comment a little strange. If you didn`t want to contribute, why post anything?

The OP asked for LP only tracks and there are lots of folk posting up tracks that some of us wouldn`t know about, (The Marvelettes track was always known as vinyl only) and the sharing of knowledge occurs.

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I think sharing knowledge is a corner stone of this site.

I love forum topics where I can contribute and share what I know, and learn from others. 

Nobody knows everything, and it's by sharing that others feel at ease adding their experience and knowledge.

In this topic, if it results in lp only tracks getting an airing, great!

I used to own a huge collection, and sold them to a lad who dj's a lot partly because I wanted some of the lesser know stuff i've had for years, to get a few plays.

If the buyer gets some glory, good luck to him...he knows that I know...etc.

KTF

Ed

• Up vote 3
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Jean Carne's "Bet your lucky star" from her 1981 "Sweet and Wonderful" LP deserves more airplay out and about

Good call Mickey. As do a lot of Jean Carne LP tracks. I was recently reminded about this one from her post Philly Intl days

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!