Why Kettering?

How come Kettering is the centre of the Soul Universe these days :thumbsup: ?

After reading about the demise of much of the London scene, I can't understand why such a thriving scene exists in Kettering?

There's always been something there yet we see The Ritz in Desborough doing well nearly every month and next weekend (11th) there should be a mega night at Kettering Leisure Village for the Lorraine Silver night. The day after every DJ in the country seems to be turning up at the free all-dayer at Central Rock.

Five miles away there's also Wellingborough Railway Club this Friday 3rd December and The Embankment Wellingboro next Friday (10th).

www.TheHouseofBlues.co.uk for details of them nights by the way.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

After reading about the demise of much of the London scene, I can't understand why such a thriving scene exists in Kettering?

There's always been something there yet we see The Ritz in Desborough doing well nearly every month and next weekend (11th) there should be a mega night at Kettering Leisure Village for the Lorraine Silver night. The day after every DJ in the country seems to be turning up at the free all-dayer at Central Rock.

Five miles away there's also Wellingborough Railway Club this Friday 3rd December and The Embankment Wellingboro next Friday (10th).

link

Scotts?

Steel town?

===============

A few points :lol:

Desborough is run quarterly not monthly. It has a solid base of punters who go to every one, however a lot of them don't travel much outside of Kettering.

It's successful because one of the promoters, Karl Boddington goes all over the place to flyer it.

The dayer is actually someones wedding reception (Andy and Gina, CONGRATS BY THE WAY) and they regularly travel the country so it's nice that some DJ's are repaying the favour.

Didn't know about KLV, Karl used to run it, so it's possible he's got some input into this event, but locally I don't think it's been very well flyered.

Not sure about the railway club, as I've never been, but the embankment is promoted by Lenny Dopson....another hard worker, and as an added bonus, he and his wife Nina, are really nice, enthusiastic soulies.

I wouldn't say Kettering is the centre of the 'souliverse' not when you consider Nottingham, which invariably has something on every week....or the Manchester area which has much the same, but it always has had a strong N/S base, right since the Central Hall nighters.

Winnie:-)

Err -people.... I think this was just a badly disguised thread to promote the House Of the Blues personally.

We all know Kettering is not the centre of the universe - Edinburgh is :thumbsup::lol::lol:

Err -people.... I think this was just a badly disguised thread to promote the House Of the Blues personally.

We all know Kettering is not the centre of the universe - Edinburgh is :thumbsup::thumbup:beer.gif

==============

Kolla......you have me at a disadvantage....I have no idea what "The house of blues" is. Thought I was just responding to a thread :D

• 2 weeks later...

How come Kettering is the centre of the Soul Universe these days laugh.gif ?

link

I thought everyone knew the word 'North'ern Soul came from 'North'hamptonshire....Honest laugh.gif

Not sure about the railway club, as I've never been, but the embankment is promoted by Lenny Dopson....another hard worker, and as an added bonus, he and his wife Nina, are really nice, enthusiastic soulies.

laugh.gif Too true Winnie, Lenny is an A1 Top Man, has a lovely wife, shares the same views on the scene as me and, more importantly, is a lot smaller than me therefore making me look even more attractive to Ladies when we are stood together laugh.gif He is also DJing at the Plinston next November (or sooner) so expect another Trading Card in his honour