What's your favourite End of Night finisher

Dave West

12 minutes ago, Patto said:

At Sheffield's Gas club Dave Brenton spins this one at the end of the night Real Spine tingler

I got myself one of these....but I'd never considered it to be an "ender",more of an "opener"despite the title....but yeh,it does work....great shout......

• Up vote 2
Social source share

When i used to go to allnighters it was something like "PSYCHEDELIC SOUL" - SAXIE RUSSELL!     I wanted the last record to leave me upbeat and wanting more!

Now it would be "WE GOT TO KEEP ON" - CASANOVA TWO.   Still leaves me upbeat and wanting more, but a bit easier to dance to!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Banbury Soul Club ender tends to up the ante rather than ease you out...

But in a way, it's all about the tradition isn't it? Slow, Big City, Jamaican, R&B, Funk, I'm just listing now; basically there's some great music out there, and we can all widen our interests through the focus of Northern Soul.

That's why I love Northern - because there are times when you just can't explain to someone what Northern Soul is!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

When I was into northern in 74/75/76 I'd have probably said Dean Parish, Jimmy Radcliffe, California Montage and Tobi Legend in that order. Alex Lowes was our big DJ and he played all of these but sometimes an okay track called It's All Over by an artist I can't remember. Sometimes he'd play Go Now which was always disappointing.

When I started going back to northern nights during the eighties, Tobi Legend became my favourite ns record and probably still is. I started playing it in the middle of the night and I'm pleased to say others in the area have followed. I couldn't listen to Jimmy Radcliffe, I don't mind Dean Parish though it's a bit of a Snake, and I still love Young Holt.

I like the Drifter and love Timi Yuro.

I've never heard Get Out played last but I think that's brilliant.

I don't play any of the above but you'll have to come to Durhams Empty Shop, probably on the first Saturday in feb, to find out what I do play.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

38 minutes ago, stevesilktulip said:

When I was into northern in 74/75/76 I'd have probably said Dean Parish, Jimmy Radcliffe, California Montage and Tobi Legend in that order. Alex Lowes was our big DJ and he played all of these but sometimes an okay track called It's All Over by an artist I can't remember. Sometimes he'd play Go Now which was always disappointing.

When I started going back to northern nights during the eighties, Tobi Legend became my favourite ns record and probably still is. I started playing it in the middle of the night and I'm pleased to say others in the area have followed. I couldn't listen to Jimmy Radcliffe, I don't mind Dean Parish though it's a bit of a Snake, and I still love Young Holt.

I like the Drifter and love Timi Yuro.

I've never heard Get Out played last but I think that's brilliant.

I don't play any of the above but you'll have to come to Durhams Empty Shop, probably on the first Saturday in feb, to find out what I do play.  

It's All Over - Charles Mann on ABC

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I sing that when i finish work! To the bemusement of anyone still sat behind me. i love hearing belita woods thats when ill stop loving you, i liked hearing corey glover someone used to end with that quote regularly, theres another tune ,the artists name of which i cannot bring to mind, she sings, its driving me driving me driving me driving me mad! Heh heh ( think there are more of them than that in the chorus build up! She, s basically describing that horrible fixation we all get when someone  we ve lost or separated from is quote the oracle, " baking our noodle". !   I cant remember what they used to finish with at the whirlygig  , as the lowered a parachute silk over the dancefloor and everyone used to sit down , getting to me , is another staple ending somewhere cant think where! I like something you can dance or sing to , so even if your not still  in full command of yer legs , you still feel as though your involved , if you know what i mean. Esther phillips just say goodbye , is a personal favourite , I need your love by clydene jackson another! Minshull always used to end with the incredibles , dave rimmer  ,timi yuro,  , keep coming back for more by lorraine rudolph would be apt, Tom page ended with i say a little prayer at the last rugby i attended which was a great choice! , i think it was theresa price suggested id probably dance to the sound of a car horn! ,( ,ive danced the sound of things i cant even describe in words so car horn, loooooads of times! The most surprising i think was as the manumission carry on at space ended they finished with  louie louie by the kingsmen,  and the surreal sight of folk wigging out with an inflatable croc as a partner, or tinsel hula skirts and  pirate hats, shrek ears, deely boppers and fake tits, , superhero  costumes and the ibiza residents themselves  a sight to behold, all giving it large! ! An ibiza moment ,  to conclude then, i dont really give a shit, but a good ender is memorable, " said someone once , about something, what were we talking about again? Remembered the female vocalist , Almeta lattimore "these memories" .

Edited by aintgotit
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A
On 05/11/2017 at 17:46, davetay said:

This cause it was the ender at the best club imho 

Yes.

By the time IL played this,95% of all punters had already left for Wigan...those who stayed untill this record finished playing were most exhausted !!

Social source share

Managed to get an extra 15/20 mins on my spot at our last do, so finished with a bit of beat ballad heaven.

Billy Barnes - Until

Ray Pollard - Darling Take me Back I'm Sorry

Shep Grant - You found my Lonely Heart a Home

Barbara Mcnair - It Was Never Like This

Big Dee Irwin  - You Satisfy My Needs

• Up vote 1
Social source share

My last record i played @ The 3 Clubs All-Nighter 4/5 November  sharing the decks with Danny (Shakey) Paton  in the Dolly room  it was 05:25 in the morning & i pulled out of the bag 

Johnny Moore - Lonely Heart In The City - Blue Rock  

The next time i play an ender record it will not be this one !

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!