Dave West

Slaven Bilic sacked

No surprise with the sacking ,the surprise is Moyes looks as though he has already spoken to West Ham and is nailed on for the job.

Same old regurgitated managers doing the rounds , why not fetch McClaren in as his assistant and be done with it.

6 minutes ago, shinehead said:

No surprise with the sacking ,the surprise is Moyes looks as though he has already spoken to West Ham and is nailed on for the job.

Same old regurgitated managers doing the rounds , why not fetch McClaren in as his assistant and be done with it.

McLaren would make a good coach, he is a good coach.  He is just a sh*t manager.

as for Arry, he failed at Birmingham and he is hardly the future at his age.  Moyes was a good manager at Everton and he would probaly do a good job in time but question is will he have time? He was bound tomfail at Man U and Fergie himeself would have failed at Sunderland. 

I agree though same old managerial merry go round.  Needs a up and coming you ger manager with new ideas. 

1 hour ago, chalky said:

McLaren would make a good coach, he is a good coach.  He is just a sh*t manager.

as for Arry, he failed at Birmingham and he is hardly the future at his age.  Moyes was a good manager at Everton and he would probaly do a good job in time but question is will he have time? He was bound tomfail at Man U and Fergie himeself would have failed at Sunderland. 

I agree though same old managerial merry go round.  Needs a up and coming you ger manager with new ideas. 

I agree about Moyes and Man U , hiding to nowt there ,  but he seemed like a man without ideas at Sunderland and he seemed broken by the end of his tenure.

The West Ham job is not an easy one they expect to win and win in a certain way i.e. attacking football , that's not easy to achieve for any manager and to do it with the expectation of staying in the Premier League makes it even harder.

Big Sam did a good job there but he was disliked by the fans for his style of football. 

10 minutes ago, shinehead said:

I agree about Moyes and Man U , hiding to nowt there ,  but he seemed like a man without ideas at Sunderland and he seemed broken by the end of his tenure.

The West Ham job is not an easy one they expect to win and win in a certain way i.e. attacking football , that's not easy to achieve for any manager and to do it with the expectation of staying in the Premier League makes it even harder.

Big Sam did a good job there but he was disliked by the fans for his style of football. 

He isn‘t the only one at Sunderland though, 9th manager in 6 years is it? Not allowed to spend which is a must in the premier league.  They have skirted with relegation for years and throuroughly deserved to go down given how the club has been run from the top. 

Don’t get me wrong, Im not saying he is the man for the job but his choice of clubs, or the timing left a little to be desired.

The WHU job is another poisoned chalice.

Big Sam should never manage a club again IMO greedy c***.

the stay in the premier league at all costs outlook is fostering a poor transfer system at many clubs with many of the players brought in not up to the demands or even good enough.

And the expectations of delusional fans is unsettling most clubs, players and managers. 

Edited by chalky

On the radio now, not sure if he is something to do with WHU supporters club, but a poll amongst fans, 91% want Pardew!

Edited by chalky

Like Tony Pulis said, give the job to one of the TV pundits....they seem to have all the answers.

Or..

Karen Brady talks a good job, give her a go.

Save £6m in wages..

Ed

27 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Like Tony Pulis said, give the job to one of the TV pundits....they seem to have all the answers.

Or..

Karen Brady talks a good job, give her a go.

Save £6m in wages..

Ed

Slight side issue but There's plenty who want Pulis gone

Edited by JNixon

6 hours ago, Dave West said:

West Ham have sacked Bilic and plan to replace him with Moyes whose failed at his last 3 clubs. WTF.... 

Blimey, Davey boy won't last long, completely the wrong man to save the Hammers! 

4 hours ago, woolie mark said:

There are four irons at my work....they are so depressed that they don't even like talking about football anymore.

Yeah nice new ground prem status it's all turned to s!?&

Anyone care to post a finishing prediction and finish date for moyes contract? 

Id be surprised if he made the season and if he does it'll be with a fourth from bottom finish. 

Is he related to Mr G Roeder does anyone know...

6 minutes ago, chalky said:

One things for sure, if Moyes fails here I doubt he’ll get another top job.  He’ll have to basically begin his career again. 

That's for certain Chalky , its a good job for him a mid table finish should be capable for West Ham . Some good players who seem to be lacking confidence .

Bilic seemed to have run out of ideas and last seasons endeavours had took its toll.

1 hour ago, chalky said:

I know one thing, listening and reading to comments from WHU fans, they are all basically living in the 60s.  Style of play, academy of football and such bollox 😂

When we won the World Cup 

1 hour ago, chalky said:

I know one thing, listening and reading to comments from WHU fans, they are all basically living in the 60s.  Style of play, academy of football and such bollox 😂

Ain't we all living in the 60s? That's why we're on here :wicked::lol:

Would be the perfect project for Sean dyche,trouble is owners ain't gonna spend that type of money  for the right players for him to develop , truth is the club needs to be sold on to richer owners ,hate to say it 🎭

5 hours ago, chalky said:

If ever there was a club and it`s supporters so deluded it`s West Ham. "The West Ham way"............really?

Honours: 2 FA Cups, a Cup Winners Cup and...........????? Oh yes, that`s it. Although most of them act like they won the World Cup!

I think Moyes is a good shout personally and should keep them up, pity really I would love to see those 2 chumps Chaz & Dave in the Championship after the scam they pulled to get a free stadium!

Sadly we have been sold a lie by the Dildo brothers. All this bollocks about bringing in top players,we will spend big. Spoke to enough Brum fans to know how this mob work. 

Bilic was a average manager but to be fair ,his first season ,we saw some of the best football played since the Harry days. Think it helped being last season at the Boleyn .  Re Sam,yes he did keep us up but football was crap to watch and if surviving is all about being in Prem then i`m happy to get relegated and play in a league where all the teams have a fair crack. At least i`ll easy get a ticket for away games,especially in the Midlands  with Derby,Forest ,Brum and Villa to name a few.  My choice after Sam would have been Eddie Howe,he`s young and is a very good coach. His teams play decent football considering what money he`s got to spend. 

Joys of being a hammer,is  like listening to Deep soul ,it`s all heartache and pain with the odd happy moment thrown in lol.

:facepalm: I give up
Moyes? David f*****g Moyes !! David f*****g Moyes !! AAAAAAAARG!!
It's gonna be deadly

We woulda stayed up with BIllic, too much individual talent pulling every which way or sitting on their a**s
but eventually they all would have got their finger out to save their paychecks, and there probably will be 3 worse by bedtime

The bring back SuperSlav chants will be going by Xmas latest.

Got no problem with the Fizzy League, away day at The 'Wall anyone?!

When there is £100m at stake for the reward of staying in the prem, it's inevitable that results come first.

Big Sam has been good at getting positive results, but frustrating tactics.

I guess that today simply having multi millionaire owners is not quite enough to get into the top half, you need billionaires and multi million sponsorship deals.

Then you can afford the better players bla bla bla.

As the pound continues to weaken, West Ham must start to become more attractive to foreign buyers, so you never know!

If Mike Ashley flogs the toon, you might even get him as a new owner!

Ed

Top players, promises, money blah blah blah.  The top and bottom of it is you aren’t an attractive club for the majority of players who come here.  You have no European football to offer let alone Champions League.  You are scapping with a dozen other clubs in the same position as the Ammers. You migh have ambitions but time and time again you have been in the bottom 10 and in some cases fighting to stay in the PL.....that’s when you’ve been in the PL.  

Interesting reading the comments above about been happy to be relegated the same thing I heard a few weeks spoken on 606 about West Brom, I think the thinking behind that is that the two clubs have a lot in common about been relegated and bouncing back fairly quickly.

I wonder what the thinking would be if the Hammers could not bounce back and the rot sets in as happened at other clubs Wednesday , Forest , come to mind .

The saying '' getting relegated to  regroup''  is not always the best option.  

If a manager puts a team together who will not give everything for him, never mind the club, then younhave to question the manager.  You have to get players with the right menatality and attitude first and build on it.  

8 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

I can't remember when the 3 relegated clubs went down, and came straight back up.

A risky plan indeed.

Ed

I think I prefer to rely on Dr Eveoko and his witch-doctory to put a spell on the players and make them all believe they're Messi oh and make Moyes believe he's well...Fergie or at least not Moyes:lol:

PS -  This won't mean anything to anyone that didn't see the earlier (removed) post 

Edited by marshman

I never did understand 'The West Ham Way', sounds like some form of methodology that makes them different from everyone else in some way,

However this is starting to become a little more clear but not much, it appears that as part of 'The West Ham Way' relegation is a positive

Edited by Pete Eccles

New ownership is gonna happen sooner or later , sooner would be better ,club has got bags of potential , come on you rich foreign investors , now is the time before they get relegated  💷🎲😯

14 hours ago, Hammersoul said:

Sadly we have been sold a lie by the Dildo brothers. All this bollocks about bringing in top players,we will spend big. Spoke to enough Brum fans to know how this mob work. 

Bilic was a average manager but to be fair ,his first season ,we saw some of the best football played since the Harry days. Think it helped being last season at the Boleyn .  Re Sam,yes he did keep us up but football was crap to watch and if surviving is all about being in Prem then i`m happy to get relegated and play in a league where all the teams have a fair crack. At least i`ll easy get a ticket for away games,especially in the Midlands  with Derby,Forest ,Brum and Villa to name a few.  My choice after Sam would have been Eddie Howe,he`s young and is a very good coach. His teams play decent football considering what money he`s got to spend. 

Joys of being a hammer,is  like listening to Deep soul ,it`s all heartache and pain with the odd happy moment thrown in lol.

One good thing about Moyes is he's more or less finished if he doesn't do well here, so much rides on this for him. Thats a clear incentive but he issue is will his methods reap rewards short term. Otherwise he could turn out to be this decades Roeder. 

Curbs is available.  

I'm watching from the other side of the river with hope that you don't slide the way we did. If you boys are deep soul we are full on country blues with waffles and frites. 

To buy a championship club is much less than to buy a premiership club.

Any businessman will sit and wait if all they want is to make money.

Ed

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links