Charlie Rich..

Guest son of stan

Guest son of stan

There's quite a few records Charlie Rich made before he became a country & western artist that have northern soul appeal. But has this one ever been given any recognition?

Social source share

There's a great article about him in November issue of record collector, signed to sun records in 1958, and seemed to change genres with every label move, which apparently was why he only ever had a hit about every 5 years, record labels never really new what to do with him. Which was great cos he could switch from Rick n roll to country to soul to pop but also it meant he never had a firm fan base., but in the early 70's after most beautiful girl in the world became a hit all his previous labels trawled through there back cattologues and started putting out country LP's which is why for about a year he was biggest country star in the world... Phil

Social source share

On 08/11/2017 at 07:11, ZoomSoulBlue said:

wheel sound - real classic use to get played in Mr Ms I also took a trip up to Bonnyrigg in 1979 and brought my copy - underestimated singer guess it's the C&W tag

Class record. A benchmark record for Northern Soul.

Social source share

Hi all, here's one I purchased from Rudzy about 25 years ago,still in the sleeve it came in,with his own recommendation as to who it could be covered up as....IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.4e64e60a7e01fae9851005694a33028b.JPG

...if memory serves,there was also a minty George Pepp on the list too...can't remember if it was 3,or 5 hundred.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!