Want's list tracks on albums.

Guest dicklincoln72

Guest dicklincoln72

Just looked in want's and saw Cody Black I'm Slowly Moulding / Keep On Keepin' On offered for £750. I have just checked and both tracks are on a Polydor album I own Non Stop Soul released on Polydor in 1969. So how much would the album be worth?  Also anybody have any info on another LP I have on Ember again released in 1968 Looking Back With The Primettes featuring Al Garner on one side and Eddie Floyd on the other. It seems a strange combination of artists did they ever record on the same label?

Edited by dicklincoln72
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have that Polydor album you speak of. I bought it for about £20 mainly for the Cody Black track as I though "ooh, that's it's first official UK outing". I was very disappointed when I played it, all the tracks emerge together as one long continuous play and some are cut short. Was you disappointed Dick?

Regarding the Primettes, Eddie Floyd and Al Gardner LP,  the reason they are brought together is because they are all early Detroit recordings from future big stars (obviously Primettes became the Supremes and Eddie Floyd had a few great hits).

Social source share

Guest dicklincoln72

Going off topic but any old time DJ's out their from the 70's breath a sigh of relief when the 12" single arrived so you could nip to the bar / bog without the run out panic?  What year did the first 12" appear?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!