EARTH WIND & FIRE - HAPPY FEELIN' U.S PROMO 7

Ric-tic

I have just found this a 1975 promo of happy feelin'/reasons I have never ever seen one of these, it looks like some kind of promo to promote the album AS 131   ZSS160369  and the b side [REASONS] AS 131   ZSS160369/B has anybody else ever seen or own one of these? as previously only thought to be a belated U.K b side

22855783_1183179475149334_1224993687_n.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Great taste as well 👍🎶🎶👏

41 minutes ago, Tim Richmond said:

Another Highland Room play for Messrs Levine & Curtis,  a brave play in 1975, but that was their strength ! Pity we never hear this played out anywhere today, superb tune. 

Social source share

Hi Ric Tic, 

Used to play this at the Cleethorpes Pier as a brand new release From the LP as did most DJ's at that time, NO, NEVER seen this before and looks Real Nice, Congratulations, will have to look out for one but would suspect it will be hard to find. Have to say strange it has not showed up over the years.

Pretty sure "Reasons" was released as a singe as a part 1 and part 2 Single in USA  and as a single in the UK.  And as you say "Happy Feeling" got a belated release as a 'B' Side 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A
On 09/11/2017 at 15:20, ric-tic said:

I have just found this a 1975 promo of happy feelin'/reasons I have never ever seen one of these, it looks like some kind of promo to promote the album AS 131   ZSS160369  and the b side [REASONS] AS 131   ZSS160369/B has anybody else ever seen or own one of these? as previously only thought to be a belated U.K b side

22855783_1183179475149334_1224993687_n.jpg

I had this before,not rare nor obscure.It had somewhat strangely,recieved a few plays at the Mecca before disappearing back into obscurity.Nothing to do with Northern Soul otherwise!!

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A
On 17/11/2017 at 00:45, ric-tic said:

It was no surprise that a record like this was played at Blackpool Mecca in 1975 and it recieved more than a few plays there and as Rick Scott at Cleethorpes and everywhere it was a very big record, it didn't slip back into obscurity because it never came from obscurity, it was a fantastic album from a fantastic band, those that got into this instantly shot down and got  tickets for the tour that came with the album and witnessed something really special something like you had never seen before, the rest saw them in 79 :wink:

I never went to Cleethorpes so can't comment on there.At Mecca though,"happy feeling" got some plays but was a strange out of place tune that I did like because it sounded so awesome I suppose,the reason I said it was obscure was because it just popped up as a "newie" release, totally different to Northern Soul.I was glad it disappeared so that the Northern Soul monsters which had the Northern Soul fans travelling from all over the country to hear and dance to them there,were prevalent.I sometimes thru nostalgia,played HF occasionally,but never missed it nor remembered it as from that halçyon era.Blackpool Mecca was Northern Soul.

Social source share

• 4 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!