At Long, Long Last...i Got It

Pete S

About bloody time too...only found one copy since 1978...sold that when I was desperate...got this one today and bought another just to make sure, first one was $100, second $130 (thanks Rob!) but sod it, you know what it's like...anyway now I can help my buddy Mark Freeman who has also searched long and hard for it

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

About bloody time too...only found one copy since 1978...sold that when I was desperate...got this one today and bought another just to make sure, first one was $100, second $130 (thanks Rob!) but sod it, you know what it's like...anyway now I can help my buddy Mark Freeman who has also searched long and hard for it

Guess Mark's looking at spending $130 then :shades:

Social source share

soundfile

??

I'll save you the time that you'll spend slagging it off by not posting it at all Rich. You'll hate it. It's just a tv theme that was played at Wigan and it always sounded great. No soul content, just a great instrumental. I posted it up before about a year ago.

Social source share

I'ts on Soulclub.

Is this one getting popular again? It wasn't on Soulclub until a couple of months ago and I've seen a lot of them on Ebay from the same seller, the first one went for almost $400!

I don't know if it's ever been popular to be honest. Russ used to play it at Wigan, and it was played locally in Wolverhampton (usually off the same single copy). I always liked it and I eventually owned that one copy, no idea what happened to it. I got one in about 1999 off Nancy then for some reason I sold it a couple of years later. Probably needed food. I've never seen it on ebay until that copy last week, so I mailed the seller and he sold it me for $100, then he emailed me again saying 4 more people had offered him $100 plus, what is it with that record - I said maybe they are after the other side - anyway I won the original copy he posted up as well as the one I bought off him privately. But $400 - is that for real??? I know it's rare as all the demos have the wrong side on both sides but 400 is more than I would have paid.

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

As so many people have asked me to post it, here it is.

Can I just point out that the 'add new clip' feature is not showing up, before I get nagged at by Rachel laugh.gif

Sorry , but its not my cupa tea sad.gif what year is it?

Social source share

I don't know if it's ever been popular to be honest. Russ used to play it at Wigan, and it was played locally in Wolverhampton (usually off the same single copy). I always liked it and I eventually owned that one copy, no idea what happened to it. I got one in about 1999 off Nancy then for some reason I sold it a couple of years later. Probably needed food. I've never seen it on ebay until that copy last week, so I mailed the seller and he sold it me for $100, then he emailed me again saying 4 more people had offered him $100 plus, what is it with that record - I said maybe they are after the other side - anyway I won the original copy he posted up as well as the one I bought off him privately. But $400 - is that for real??? I know it's rare as all the demos have the wrong side on both sides but 400 is more than I would have paid.

I think it was $382 for the first copy he sold on ebay. I know because i bid on it but did'nt win and since then there has been a new copy on ebay about every two to three weeks or so by the same seller. All unplayed.

I first heard it on your six-pack a year ago and loved it. thumbsup.gif

Not my usual style but this one is really fantastic!

Social source share

Guest bleusuperb

I'll save you the time that you'll spend slagging it off by not posting it at all Rich. You'll hate it. It's just a tv theme that was played at Wigan and it always sounded great. No soul content, just a great instrumental. I posted it up before about a year ago.

Played a lot in Dundee in the mid seventies, never knew what it was until now.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert