New Soul collecting phenomenon!!

Mal C

Asking the value of your records on Facebook groups and forums! 

Does anybody think there is more of that than actual sales going on?  Should be.a pre cursor right, well it’s well and truly taken the fun out of record collecting, because after you have had 5/6 conflicting prices, nobody is the wiser as far as I can see... 

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I won’t name them, but there are a few dealers it’s actually become harder to buy from... 

and thee are a few folk that obviously play polka, they wait a few rounds then trump every value by to the power of ten! 

Just my view of course, but if I’m feeling it others must be also...

taken the fun out of it..,

Social source share

Just now, dylan said:

I don’t look but surely there are still bargains on us ebay ?

but the postage seems a lot higher these days

Still some to be had, all the "popular" stuff is going for silly money but still a few nice cheaper things out there. Only buy from the US now if I'm really after something and even then tend to get a few things from the same sellers to ease the postage costs 

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

What l do is, only buy the stuff l can afford , and the ones l can't afford , l try to listen to them another way , after all this is music that we are talking about . 🎶🎶🎶😱

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

What l do is, only buy the stuff l can afford , and the ones l can't afford , l try to listen to them another way , after all this is music that we are talking about . 🎶🎶🎶😱

Of course, you pay for tracks within your budget. 

Ive always thought record collectiing kinda mirrored other things in society, you know in a very basic way, I’m sure folk reading this would agree, it’s fooking madness at the moment everywhere!  Lol

gettig back to the nub of the thread, I can’t influence anybody, all I can do is vote with my feet, and just don’t buy em, let some other idiot waste their money...

ten pound cheapie anybody? 

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Cheapies all day long for me , for a tenner you can pick up some great albums , after all it's all about the music! 👍🎶🎶🎶. That's the wise move !🎶🎶

43 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Of course, you pay for tracks within your budget. 

Ive always thought record collectiing kinda mirrored other things in society, you know in a very basic way, I’m sure folk reading this would agree, it’s fooking madness at the moment everywhere!  Lol

gettig back to the nub of the thread, I can’t influence anybody, all I can do is vote with my feet, and just don’t buy em, let some other idiot waste their money...

ten pound cheapie anybody? 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!