Kenb

• Replies 600
  • Views 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Phew...we're heading into the "P's"

(Girl/Girl Group only)

The Poodles comprised two sisters Marilyn and Sue Cogdill and their cousin Sharon Cunningham.They recorded at Southern City's small rehearsal studio in Gallatin, Tennessee. It was never intended that 'step by step' would be released with the low level of sound quality. The Poodlles one and only release. The B side 'I got a good thing' was recorded at a local nightclub with a few students placed around the stage for audience sound effects.

Social source share

as per Mike's concerns-Please ONLY POST ONE per " letter".

I don't think that will be an issue as i move it to the "Q's"

Quiet Elegance formed in Detroit with Yvonne "Frankie" Gearing, Mildred Vaney, and Lois Reeves. Vaney (aka Mildred Scott). Frankie Gearing has been in the Glories, the Laddins, and the Steinway's.Out of the 8 singles, this 1975 number is (IMO) their closest to NS.

Social source share

We are on the "Q" or on the "P" letter...?

Anyway, I want to make a little and humble tribute to (IMHO) one of the most complete vocalist; she is tagged as a "jazz singer" or "samba singer", but she demonstrated her flexibility collaborating with Crusaders, Joe Sample, with Chic Corea's Return To Forever, with his husband Airto Moreira, as a solo act;... she is THE GREAT FLORA PURIM

• Listening now 1
Social source share

My "R" -

i'll pop an "S" on Sunday then we should be back in-line.

maybe controversial again...

‘Don’t You Worry Baby The Best Is Yet To Come’(Besse Banks)is a track that was first played at Blackpool Mecca in 1976 .

Greg Wilson, UK DJ launched his Super Weird Substance label back in June 2015. Having featured on the label's inaugurating release alongside Wilson, Seacombe-based twins The Reynolds step up for their debut proper with a superb cover version of a Northern Soul classic. Vocals from Katherine and Carmel Reynolds ride the production work by Greg Wilson and Lee 'Peza' Perry.

Social source share

Mss. SHARON PAIGE! My absolute favorite by this fantastic female vocalist is not credited to her (and she is the only vocalist) I'm referring to "I'm Searching For A Love" from the album credited to Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes "Wake Up Everybody" where her name only appears on the credits. Credited to her, here's another mellow ballad:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!