• Replies 600
  • Views 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

44 minutes ago, Kenb said:

Wooooosh....let's bring on the "W's"

(getting close to the end now)

There are so many "W's" that list as my fave's for various reasons (hint hint "the baby", etc)  i'm sure it will show up ( hint hint " I can't wait...)

...I was gonna put up “the baby”.....”Justine” case nobody else did......:wicked:......:lol:......:g:..

Edited by MGM 1251
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

I just LUV the screamers, and this girl can really get there. Equal to the late great Linda Jones.

...here’s a late “ess”C6EA4187-6009-4FC3-A05C-62BAEE6D9977.thumb.jpeg.481f7c52b1f3b733cab2f6b426aec282.jpeg

...heres one for you Ed...this girl can really shout it out...superb raucous ending.....:thumbsup:.....  

Social source share

35 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Taka Boom could certainly belt it out, and did her fair share of disco and eighties electro-thumpers, but her stint in the Undisputed Truth gave us this:

Great tune, the Truth were one of my favourite groups when I was going through the funk stage of my record collecting, I've heard this played out a couple of times ,always been one of my fav tunes, great to see it here. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mickey Finn said:

One of the best female vocalists of the last 30 years, and still to be featured here - Lalah Hathaway:

A very fine voice. I remember havin heard (in Spotify...?) a duet with she and John Whitehead little before he was killed. If you come to "H" or "L" letters, I can't wait to return to "L" letter for express my LOVE and ADMIRATION to one of IMHO, best vocalists of the last 30 - 40 - 50 years: CARMEN LUNDY and my favorite track from her CD "Devil Moon" (JVC, 1995). Everyday was radio air played on Spanish "Área Reservada" on Radio Nacional de España, Radio 3, along a entire year. There's an incredible and mellow trumpet riff by Randy Brecker!!:

Edited by josep manuel concernau robles
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, josep manuel concernau robles said:

A very fine voice. I remember havin heard (in Spotify...?) a duet with she and John Whitehead little before he was killed. If you come to "H" or "L" letters, I can't wait to return to "L" letter for express my LOVE and ADMIRATION to one of IMHO, best vocalists of the last 30 - 40 - 50 years: CARMEN LUNDY and my favorite track from her CD "Devil Moon" (JVC, 1995). Everyday was radio air played on Spanish "Área Reservada" on Radio Nacional de España, Radio 3, along a entire year. There's an incredible and mellow trumpet riff by Randy Brecker!!:

Great nomination, and a very classy lady. Saw her live years ago - very impressive. I remember hearing that album being featured on BBC Radio 1's soul show of the time, of all places! She's still going strong and releasing high quality albums.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

Great nomination, and a very classy lady. Saw her live years ago - very impressive. I remember hearing that album being featured on BBC Radio 1's soul show of the time, of all places! She's still going strong and releasing high quality albums.

Despite the fact the title of this song is "You're not in love", I was immediately IN LOVE when I heard it on the spanish radio program mentioned and little after I come to the music store near to my job and purchased the two consecutive CD's they have: "Selfportrait" and "Devil Moon". Never found nothing more by Carmen Lundy. Two years after this spanish radio program did a live interview with her for her Granada University Concert (I lives in Tarragona, at more than 1000 Km!). Talkin' about "new female vocalists" she is IMHO the best jointly with Maysa Leak, Erika Baddu and Jaguar Wright (I was searching Jaguar Wright's "Nothing" from the Larry Gold's "Don Cello & Friends" fantastic CD for post it in the "W" letter but is not available on Youtube!)

Social source share

eXacerbating not being able to think of an "X" -but we should open "X" up now.

I have consulted the video referee and he says “eX” is permissible.

Originally a girl group called the Masterettes, but Herb Rooney replaced Penny Carter when she left- So technically a mixed group (at least after 1963).

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!