let's start with the female "A's" - see if we get to the "Z"

Kenb

• Replies 600
  • Views 25.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The Ritchie Family began as a studio concept led by Richie Rome in Philly, with the Sigma Sweethearts doing vocal duties. Somehow Jacques Morali took over and took them down the same eurodisco path as Village People, but as that dried up the Ritchie Family did an album with Jacques Fred Petrus' team, and followed that up with an album produced by Gavin Christopher, covering much more soulful territory:

Social source share

I've tried to go with the letter for the surname (sometimes not to successfully) and i've failed again but i don't think that this has been mentioned yet

Social source share

A little tribute to Yvette Benton (she appears on the credits as "Yvette" and also as "Evette"), one of the three Sweethearts Of Sigma, jointly with Carla Benson and Barbara Ingram the most omnipresent soul session vocalists who appears on hundreds of albums and singles from early 70's to the late 80's by a lot of different artists who recorded at Sigma Sound or other studios (from Billy Paul and the rest of "obvious" P.I.R. artists to Cat Stevens, passing trough Stanley Turrentine or Elthon John) and have some stuff published under their name (a Salsoul album and some 7" and 12"). Here's a TV program from the late 80's with some nice musical fragments:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 1/15/2018 at 16:41, Kenb said:

Noooooooooo!!!! Actually he didn't say that but for some reason I have no choice but to write in this box so that means I can say Kenb said anything I want, such as  - hey, this is way too much fun, let's now work our way back to A letter by letter to make sure we didn't miss any!

Edited by Mickey Finn
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

apparently there is no northern soul female artist for Z

but as others have posted we have a modern soul lady soulin' it - this is my fav by her, nice dancer

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!