Version Poll: I've Got The Need?  

1. 1. Which Version does it for you?

• Chuck Jackson
    • The Moments
    • Spooky and Sue

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 27/11/17 at 23:59

time for another version battle - 3 versions of what has to be considered a classic song, but which is the most classic version ?

As always have your vote and then your say below...

Chuck Jackson - I've Got The Need

The Moments - I've Got The Need 

Spooky & Sue - I've Got The Need

as always talk/comments/discussion on any aspect of this and other polls most welcome via the comments

the more that talk about the poll, the more that see the poll, the more that see the poll the more that vote on the poll  the more that vote on the poll the more that....

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Ahoy Sailor said:

Are the two votes for Spooky and Sue by Spooky and Sue? :wink:

No 'cos I am Timmy ! :P I do tend to trust my ears before anything where in the past I use to give the credits-bility to the "pioneers". Only I dropped out of that "authentic" collector point of ear and rely on my first impression mainly. And I am always curious as glad to hear versions I am not aware off and so forth.

But on this example tho whole song (production-wise and in vocal variations) Sp&Su still works better to my ears. I love Chuck, but to me the "echoey" just drawn down the song and the moments is kind of synthetic and "flat" to leave me dubious. Sp&Su is kitsch in my book and I do appreciate that still from time to time...

Edited by tlscapital
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Chuck’s is like drinking honey with a touch of brandy. Golden and powerful.

The Moments is like drinking chocolate. Smooth and rich.

Spooky & Sue’s is like drinking champagne with a splash of vodka. Refreshing and tingling.

today...Spooky & Sue get my vote.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, soul shrews said:

Moments for me and no  Spooky & Sue is not the same backing

Cheers Paul

It certainly is!

Just a slightly different mix to accommodate the softer voices.

Social source share

1 hour ago, soul shrews said:

Au contraire if its a different mix if only slightly (and I am not convinced yet) then its not the same backing. :P

Ooo la la Paul

In the audio intellectual chosen few circles it is the concienscius that when using the same tape of an instrumental backing track, no matter how reworked, it is acknowledge it to be the "same" backing track.

But in the slumbs of the Bourgeois Paul le Shrews such fine understanding in distinction of mixes using the same backing track indulge mental stress and confusion. Accordingly it helps the poor soul to simmer down with the belief it to be not the same backing track due a rework of the mix.

There is alway an educative, rational scientific explanation to everything. Voilà ! LOL

Edited by tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Must admit I hadn"t played the Moments for about 15 years or so (untill 10 mins ago when I saw the reply, but only on YT so not the best sound for me) but have played Spooky & Sues often to check condition before selliing. Still not convinced its the same backing.

But I have been surprised before like when I found out Sue was Sue Chaloner

Cheers Paul

• Listening now 1
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Chuck Jackson for me, because you get his fantastic version of Beautiful Woman on the other side of a 7" single.

Hang on a minute though.....isn't this a disco record?

Social source share

12 hours ago, soul shrews said:

Must admit I hadn"t played the Moments for about 15 years or so (untill 10 mins ago when I saw the reply, but only on YT so not the best sound for me) but have played Spooky & Sues often to check condition before selliing. Still not convinced its the same backing.

But I have been surprised before like when I found out Sue was Sue Chaloner

Cheers Paul

One for the modern rooms indeed!

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
58 minutes ago, KevinKent said:

Yes it is, and all 3 versions sound equally unworthy of a vote from me. :P

:hatsoff2:- Kev

Ha ha, brilliant!

Say it how it is Kev  :thumbsup:

Social source share

On 11/16/2017 at 09:17, mike said:

time for another version battle - 3 versions of what has to be considered a classic song, but which is the most classic version ?

As always have your vote and then your say below...

Chuck Jackson - I've Got The Need

The Moments - I've Got The Need 

Spooky & Sue - I've Got The Need

as always talk/comments/discussion on any aspect of this and other polls most welcome via the comments

the more that talk about the poll, the more that see the poll, the more that see the poll the more that vote on the poll  the more that vote on the poll the more that....

into the last few days now - polls closing Monday so get your vote and/or say in asp :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!