Pat Brown album on Tapna and other cheap ones.

Greety

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave, I used to play this track from her Equal Opportunity CD (15 years ago might be right as said above, but I'd have thought a bit further back maybe? came to prominence after The Good Gotta Suffer 45 became a regular spin and I'd have guessed 20 years ago for that? ) From memory it had a pink cover. There was another track from the same CD album that went down well with the dance floor back in those days - might be "Don't Get Off On Me" or something like that. Always meant to get around to having them put on a carver. HTH in your search.
This release on Tapna you refer to, is this a vinyl release? I've never seen one, but would be interested, any idea when it got made?
jp

Social source share

'Love on loan was big tune at Phoenix/Pitches Rotherham  around '97... probably 'don't get off on me' was played but 'love on loan' was the one for me...if memory servesme right it' penned by Tommy Tate...didnt know about any vinyl of this back then it was CD track off 'the equal opportunity 'album ...but then again Johnnie Taylor's 'real love was big too and thought to be malaco CD only ..but I picked up the vinyl album of this in white sleeve no cover... great duet with Willie Clayton on the Pat Brown album

Dave L 

Social source share

Just to clarify, the ' love on loan' track first came to our attention on Ace records from 1996, hence Dave's mention of it being spun around 97. However the Tapna release was 2002, so usuming if this did appear on vinyl on Tapna it is likely to have been pressed around the same time, hense me saying it was fifteen years old. IMO just the kind of thing that would be welcome to recieve a 7" release from one of the legit re-issue or first time on 7" logo's.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Source Advert