Possibly THE Rarest Soul 45?

Pete S

Guest Denise Zieja

Guest Denise Zieja
5 minutes ago, Soul-Slider said:

I'll be buying one that's for sure. As A Motown Collector I need a USA one. 

I have 2 UK copies, the first 1970's release then the alternate version which is this one....

5ac7a0a5c21e6_FRANK_WILSON_DOILOVEYOU(INDEEDIDO)-549633.jpg.232861055178c933e9b6dcb341862359.jpg

I enjoyed owning an original, but I will be happy with the money and the purple vinyl!  

Social source share

31 minutes ago, Denise Zieja said:

Why would you want a boot copy if you can own the original?  I have!  :yes:

This makes even less sense as your going to be trying to sell yet another re-issue. :sleep3:

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

Just now, gogs said:

This makes even less sense as your going to be trying to sell yet another re-issue. :sleep3:

can you drop this tone

you are speaking to a fellow member, posting zzzzzs etc not really needed or wanted on here 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Denise Zieja
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 17:48, Godzilla said:

In contravention of the RSD code of conduct. All credit to you for finding and selling the Test Pressing but this seems pretty unfair to RSD shops who play by the rules and customers who get in line on the day to secure the releases they need :(

At this point I was trying to get extra so I could offer them up.  I will also be selling instore on that day.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Benji said:

So you say, out of x purple vinyl 45s, pressed for RSD in Detroit, 700 were done just for UK market?

Just said that Benji - that’s the allocation of UK RSD 45s. As I’m UK based that’s the only info I can access. I have no idea about other territories mate ;) 

Social source share

12 hours ago, Denise Zieja said:

At this point I was trying to get extra so I could offer them up.  I will also be selling instore on that day.

Apologies if I misunderstand you Denise: you will have to wait until 7 days after RSD before you a offer those additional copies via social media right? 

Social source share

• 4 months later...

Came back from 3 weeks in the states in Aug 

On scouring the usual Old records in NYC stores 3 of the ones I went into had identical copies of this Test Pressing, the writing the colours everything spot on. Its selling for $15 in the states think its a special edition pressing  of 200 , not sure.

It has the dished centre and the coloured biro looks spot on.

Not saying your is not the original.

There a number on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANK-WILSON-DO-I-LOVE-YOU-INDEED-I-DO-RSD-2018-THIRD-MAN-PURPLE-VINYL/332793442639?hash=item4d7c08f14f:g:rr0AAOSw3HZbCGSy

Best 

Graham

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Graham Jarvis said:

Came back from 3 weeks in the states in Aug 

On scouring the usual Old records in NYC stores 3 of the ones I went into had identical copies of this Test Pressing, the writing the colours everything spot on. Its selling for $15 in the states think its a special edition pressing  of 200 , not sure.

It has the dished centre and the coloured biro looks spot on.

Not saying your is not the original.

There a number on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRANK-WILSON-DO-I-LOVE-YOU-INDEED-I-DO-RSD-2018-THIRD-MAN-PURPLE-VINYL/332793442639?hash=item4d7c08f14f:g:rr0AAOSw3HZbCGSy

Best 

Graham

welcome to the site Graham

can you post an intro as per the new members request

if haven't already then it  may be best if you read the topic thoroughly as you seem to have missed the 'record store day' release  bit

cheers

mike 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, source team said:

topic temp on hold awaiting moderation

Temporarily removed everything after Graham's post as OT.

Agree with WoodButcher, straying away from a useful topic.

Will give Graham a bit longer to see if he posts anything again, before removing his too, looks like a 'spam' type post drawing attention to his ebay ad, will give a little while longer to see if anything comes from him.

Sorry Tomangoes but feel free to start a chat about the George Tindley, I for one am interested to know more.

Unlocked for now, please no off-topic lads n lasses. :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Will give Graham a bit longer to see if he posts anything again, before removing his too, looks like a 'spam' type post drawing attention to his ebay ad, will give a little while longer to see if anything comes from him.

Pretty sure Graham's post isn't 'spam' and his e-bay reference is just an example of the Third Man pressings available since Record Store Day ....  more that he never read the whole thread and thought that the OP was about the re-issue rather than the real one-off test press that turned up  ... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just now, WoodButcher said:

Pretty sure Graham's post isn't 'spam' and his e-bay reference is just an example of the Third Man pressings available since Record Store Day ....  more that he never read the whole thread and thought that the OP was about the re-issue rather than the real one-off test press that turned up  ... :thumbsup:

Ok thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!