Frank Wilson - Do I Love You - Original

Pete S

As promised here is the low down on the Frank Wilson test pressing. This is not my record (oh how I wish it was). It belongs to the owner of a record store 30 minutes outside of Detroit. It literally 'came through the door' with various other ephemera including records and reel to reel tapes. The owners have had it for around 4 years but didn't realise the value until the recent Detroit A Go Go convention when someone tipped them off as to exactly what they had.

Here is a Information from Robb K who worked for Motown and compiled the From The Vaults compilations and had access to the library: "I never saw nor heard of this test pressing. It was pressed at RCA Indianapolis, and mastered in Nashville. Looks legit enough, with that 1964-66 Quality Control stamp, and the mid '60s style test pressing record, with depressed centre area".

The matrixes are:

A side - SK4M - 4916 1 A Nashville Matrix 5 ZQL 163317

B side - SK4M - 4915 1 A Nashville Matrix 5 ZAQQ 147105

I've seen film of the actual record being played and both sides are correct but are the same as the released versions.

I am not going to be involved in selling this record. I said I would get the initial ball rolling and I have so now, if anyone is interested in finding out more about the record and beginning a communication with the record's owner, please send me a personal message via facebook, email me if you've got my address or contact me at Pete S on Soul Source and I will put you in touch with the owners.

Thanks for reading and especially thanks for all the (mainly) positive comments.

Pete Smith

PB171666.JPG

PB171669.JPG

PB171670.JPG

PB171702.JPG

PB171703.JPG

Edited by Pete S
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now