Warren 'Pete' Moore - Miracles - RIP

Mike

Warren 'Pete' Moore, Founding Miracles Singer and Motown Legend, Dies at 78

Warren "Pete" Moore, an original member of legendary Motown group the Miracles -- who were responsible for such '60s classics as "The Tracks of My Tears" and "Shop Around" -- died Sunday (Nov. 19). He was 78.

Moore's passing was confirmed by Motown Records founder Berry Gordy in a statement to Rolling Stone, though no cause of death was given.

"I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Warren 'Pete' Moore, a fine human being and valued member of the Motown family," Gordy told Rolling Stone. "Pete was an original member of my very first group, the Miracles. He was a quiet spirit with a wonderful Bass voice behind Smokey Robinson’s soft, distinctive lead vocals, and was co-writer on several of the Miracles hits."

miracles.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just read this.

Motown Museum extends its condolences to the family and friends of Warren “Pete” Moore, original member of The Miracles, who passed away Sunday, November 19, 2017.  Not only was Pete a singer, but he was also a prolific songwriter, vocal arranger and producer.  Pete co-wrote several of The Miracles hits including "Ooo Baby Baby,” “The Tracks of My Tears,” “My Girl Has Gone,” “Going to a Go-Go,” "Love Machine" and others.  For more information, click HERE.

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!