SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2017(The End Bit)

dthedrug

Guest Shufflin

the rules are tough given the membership on this forum ( "Stuff that people would love to have but never will")  but here goes with one I bought for $7 in 2015 and now goes for £399, it's even been bootlegged

Social source share

21 minutes ago, shufflin said:

the rules are tough given the membership on this forum ( "Stuff that people would love to have but never will")  but here goes with one I bought for $7 in 2015 and now goes for £399, it's even been bootlegged

Hi

Wow,love this,new to me but hits all the right buttons for me.Great result only problem with is it I want one for $7 :lol:

Wouldn't worry too much about the rules,we only stick to the "must own" one really :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

I heard this limited edition12" new release and thought of Blackpool/Cleethorpes, so I got it for that reason, it won't be to everyone's taste but I like it

Social source share

1 minute ago, RICK SCOTT said:

For me best tracks off the album and yes Martyn LP only, shame as would have made a great single.

Like T C version too but lean towards this version, but both great dancers, and cheap as chips which can't be bad :yes: 

Rick

Will have to dig the LP out not played in years can't even remember what else is on it.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All.... First thing is the thread was set up as a RECORD CLUB so those who collect 45s can now and again pick a record that you have, and let people know why you like it, and if we were in your record room playing sounds, why you want us to listen to it, we must have said "listen to this record" we are well aware that every record is a classic, also as long as it is not a bootleg  you own the sound if it's good to your ears it will good tours, even if it's worth a few££ or very rare/ I hope that is OK with you all?

second thing if you go back a few years, the amount of people posting in the record club was high  in fact the numbers on Soul Source seem to have fallen away, does any one have a answer to why??? 

Right now over the years I have been Luck to have owned several copies of GLEN MILLER and in some way I have made these available to close friends (they had to pay me) now days I have just my copy which is in EX- condition the most I have paid for a copy was £30 for a JA Stag copy, Now I was going to do a separate thread as a copy fetched £1220, I was unaware it could go over the £1K mark? I can remember not to long back, there was about 5 rare UK SOUL 45s that sold for over £1K, what do you think about it, I must say I only no the where abort's of 18 Doctor Birds & 1 Stag JA copy, so in EX condition it is very hard to own, a true rarity  ,:yes:KTF Dave 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Just managed to get my hands on the Bobby Valentin - Lets Turn It On LP so I have Use It Before You Lose It on original vinyl as I cannot afford the single, probably not everyone's cup of tea but it's in the box now!  :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:  

Bruv

Brilliant!!!

Cheers

Martyn

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 12/2/2017 at 22:29, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:Hi All.... First thing is the thread was set up as a RECORD CLUB so those who collect 45s can now and again pick a record that you have, and let people know why you like it, and if we were in your record room playing sounds, why you want us to listen to it, we must have said "listen to this record" we are well aware that every record is a classic, also as long as it is not a bootleg  you own the sound if it's good to your ears it will good tours, even if it's worth a few££ or very rare/ I hope that is OK with you all?

second thing if you go back a few years, the amount of people posting in the record club was high  in fact the numbers on Soul Source seem to have fallen away, does any one have a answer to why??? 

Right now over the years I have been Luck to have owned several copies of GLEN MILLER and in some way I have made these available to close friends (they had to pay me) now days I have just my copy which is in EX- condition the most I have paid for a copy was £30 for a JA Stag copy, Now I was going to do a separate thread as a copy fetched £1220, I was unaware it could go over the £1K mark? I can remember not to long back, there was about 5 rare UK SOUL 45s that sold for over £1K, what do you think about it, I must say I only no the where abort's of 18 Doctor Birds & 1 Stag JA copy, so in EX condition it is very hard to own, a true rarity  ,:yes:KTF Dave 

Ay up Dave

Them were rules! I think I've been a regular contributor to your thread from the start. Its cost me a fortune man!

Pete

:(

:thumbup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Ay up Dave

Them were rules! I think I've been a regular contributor to your thread from the start. Its cost me a fortune man!

Pete

:(

:thumbup:

:hatsoff2:HI Pete......Yes you are an original member, also a good man & Soul Brother with a empathetic attitude to our music.

If you remember! when the SSRC started I put foreword the basic rules, much of the rules a reaction to how quickly Soul source would slow down if member kept on posting the same video & whose write up's were poor in content comments like ("nice one John") also I put forward the idea of once a month record club meet up's when members got a chance to play soul music of their choice, in recent years I have been to soul gigs that have the same DJs playing the same records to the same brothers & sisters,          The fact of the Matter that got me going at the time was 50% of the DJ's only collected what was considered the top rarities by doing this record prices got inflated was above the real cost, some DJs had  play boxes giving a impression the had large collections but not a chance what you saw was what they had, some used the gig as a market place selling the odd rarity but had all the latest pressings, some even played these as originals, even BUTCH had enough he went wild when some one played a boot??? .  DJs then wanted to be payed 3 figure numbers for 1 hour from event organiser's this caused events  to close down? this in turn left me shuddering as record dealers stopped attending and a dance floor looking like a Wednesday afternoon tea dance at a elderly persons hostel,

:yes: Now you all can use this if you don't no why the rule thing exists, if anybody does not agree with me, I will not tell them to F off! as I would only do that to their face, Right really I should play a great sound, but this is not my PC and they are moaning at me, I will post later, Sorry Pete dumping my stuff on yourself, it was not aimed at you or any of the TOP 10 members who are regulars to this the most viewed thread on SOULSOURCE. :thumbsup: KTF Dave K

• Up vote 2
Social source share

39 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:HI Pete......Yes you are an original member, also a good man & Soul Brother with a empathetic attitude to our music.

If you remember! when the SSRC started I put foreword the basic rules, much of the rules a reaction to how quickly Soul source would slow down if member kept on posting the same video & whose write up's were poor in content comments like ("nice one John") also I put forward the idea of once a month record club meet up's when members got a chance to play soul music of their choice, in recent years I have been to soul gigs that have the same DJs playing the same records to the same brothers & sisters,          The fact of the Matter that got me going at the time was 50% of the DJ's only collected what was considered the top rarities by doing this record prices got inflated was above the real cost, some DJs had  play boxes giving a impression the had large collections but not a chance what you saw was what they had, some used the gig as a market place selling the odd rarity but had all the latest pressings, some even played these as originals, even BUTCH had enough he went wild when some one played a boot??? .  DJs then wanted to be payed 3 figure numbers for 1 hour from event organiser's this caused events  to close down? this in turn left me shuddering as record dealers stopped attending and a dance floor looking like a Wednesday afternoon tea dance at a elderly persons hostel,

:yes: Now you all can use this if you don't no why the rule thing exists, if anybody does not agree with me, I will not tell them to F off! as I would only do that to their face, Right really I should play a great sound, but this is not my PC and they are moaning at me, I will post later, Sorry Pete dumping my stuff on yourself, it was not aimed at you or any of the TOP 10 members who are regulars to this the most viewed thread on SOULSOURCE. :thumbsup: KTF Dave K

Nice one Dave

Its been a great thread(s) - most enjoyable and very educational.

I'd tell em all to fook right off - on here and to their faces! :wicked:

Take it easy bro and keep the thread going.

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Yep , it’s been a brilliant , varied and fabulous thread introducing me to some ‘new to my ears’ and reminding me of some I’d forgotten . So big thanks to all and hope to contribute a few more before the end of Dec . So one which has just arrived with me ...

Lovettes ‘I need a guy ‘ 

Edited by andybellwood
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

On 12/8/2017 at 08:43, Bruv said:

Just managed to get my hands on the Bobby Valentin - Lets Turn It On LP so I have Use It Before You Lose It on original vinyl as I cannot afford the single, probably not everyone's cup of tea but it's in the box now!  :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:  

:thumbsup: been after this for ages well done to find it  classic TOTW  track 

Social source share

38 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Merry Christmas everyone.

For a change I'll post a soul record :wicked:

B side of "I Ain't Got Nobody"............just perfect.

Barbara Mason-Oh,How It Hurts Artic

About bloody time Martyn. :wicked:

Great pick - I really Barbara Mason, she has a very unique voice. I also like the design of the Arctic label - lots of great records put out by them

Have a good Christmas mate.

Pete

:thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

About bloody time Martyn. :wicked:

Great pick - I really Barbara Mason, she has a very unique voice. I also like the design of the Arctic label - lots of great records put out by them

Have a good Christmas mate.

Pete

:thumbsup:

Cheeky twat :thumbup:

Merry Christmas mate.

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi everybody long time no see ! :D

Merry Xmas to you all in the SSRC 

This  i'm posting cost me £4  now hitting 3 figures 

Philharmonics - I Need ,I Need your love - Soulin 

IT HAS BEEN POSTED IN PAST THREADS but Quality,Quality sound 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

One i only bought this year as it was the first time i had heard it!

Jimmy Bowen " The Golden Eagle"

love instrumentals and this would have been massive in 1973/4 if got played. I never heard it then. Imagine it would been covered up as a "Mike Post" insrumental if it did get played.

Picture of my copy is here also, UK demo.

IMG_0446.JPG

Edited by jim g
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/12/2017 at 19:39, jim g said:

One i only bought this year as it was the first time i had heard it!

Jimmy Bowen " The Golden Eagle"

love instrumentals and this would have been massive in 1973/4 if got played. I never heard it then. Imagine it would been covered up as a "Mike Post" insrumental if it did get played.

Picture of my copy is here also, UK demo.

IMG_0446.JPG

Jim

Could have been C/U as San Remo Golden Stings,sounds more like some of there stuff to my ears?

Like it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

On 23/12/2017 at 18:11, Kev John said:

Hi everybody long time no see ! :D

Merry Xmas to you all in the SSRC 

This  i'm posting cost me £4  now hitting 3 figures 

Philharmonics - I Need ,I Need your love - Soulin 

IT HAS BEEN POSTED IN PAST THREADS but Quality,Quality sound 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Fabulous 😊

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
12 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Second addition to the collection in 2018,can't put first up as no YT vid :(

This is a bit of a cheapie but bloody hard to track down (well it was for me :yes:).Great dancer imo.

And so my search begins...

Social source share