CD information

Dave N

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi

Thanks for the info, it would seem that the CD is hard to come by as I could only find the vinyl (I will have another look now), I played this at an event and I like to put my sets on cd so I can refer when I play the venue again, I find it difficult with certain tracks to locate them with so many CDS around, does anyone know if a list of CD track listing is/has been documented or do I have to continue looking for the records by trawling the CDS?

Many thanks for help so far.

Daven

Social source share

I've just had a trawl though my email 'archives' to when I bought the CD from them and it's dated August 7th 2011.

I think the Cd was first released in July of that year...

As Chalky says, I seem to think it's a CDR, although without going looking for it, I can't recall if it had a 'proper' label or what?

Going through that website via the link that Graham posted, if you click on the 'History' tab on the left https://www.kingdomcomeforever.com/home/history-gloria-jimmy-the-tiaras

You get this:

History Gloria, Jimmy & the Tiaras

Kingdom Come Forever Records came into existence as of May 2011 and the owner is Lou Barreto. Lou has been around the music business, not only as a writer but as a record producer and promoter in conjunction with another producer, Rod Bumgardner (also a writer). Both of them were the producers for all the songs on the CD album that features Gloria Jones, Jimmy McFarland, and the Tiaras. Lou wrote most of the songs on the CD album, but Rod and Nick Drury were the writers on “You’re My Man.”

Lou drop out of the music business in February of 1983. Lou said, “the Lord God” spoke to him in February of 1983 at 7pm in his apartment. It was just a few words, “I open and close the doors and I control everything that you are seeking.” Lou said,  “He flip out in one thousand of a second” and from that day on he became a Believer in Jesus Christ with one purpose, to pursue the will of God to do the will of God. It was the Lord, it was the Lord and there was not a fraction of a doubt. It was the Lord, the un-invited guest that spoke to me. Amazing. It’s been twenty eight years since that amazing moment in my life. A miracle. The music era of my life sort of came to a halt from 1983 to 2008.

To continue with the story of Lou’s involvement with the music business, Lou, back in the year of 2008, had nothing better to do than to do an internet search on one of his songs and up came several of his songs. To his  surprise, the songs were very popular with Northern Soul crowd in the UK. From that moment on Lou became involved with the music industry trying to collect back royalties from record companies that had his songs on many albums and Lou became more involved tracking down record companies that were exploiting his tunes. Eventually Lou became involved with the formation of new record company in 2010. Lou and Rod decided to go back in time and examine what tapes or vinyl  they had on Jimmy McFarland, Tiaras and other performers. Lo and behold, Rod came up with a vinyl recording of Gloria performing "Gone With The Wind is My Love." 

Lou made the decision to form  Kingdom Come Forever Records back in the year 2010 and to create a CD album compilation featuring Gloria Jones, Jimmy McFarland and the Tiaras. Gloria's version of “Gone With The Wind is My Love” is feature on the CD album. This song by Gloria was buried, lost and forgotten many years ago. In June of 2010, Lou and Rod Bumgardner found the vinyl recording of Gloria's performance which was recorded at Nashville West Recording studio and when Lou heard it, he said "Wow." Gloria was the original performer on the original master tracks and never release.

Since Lou could not reach an agreement with Gloria's management company, Lou removed Gloria's  voice from the track and found another performer to record the tune, Rita Graham. Prior to removing Gloria's voice from the master, Lou made a vynil recording of Gloria's performance and sort of buried the vynil in Rods cellar until the discovery of the tune. And  then Lou began his search for Gloria in 2010. Lou finally made contact with Gloria and got together with Gloria in Los Angeles in November 2010 to sign an agreement to release the song. Gloria was excited about the song as it was being played. Gloria said, “It’s a blessing from heaven above.” Gloria is still musically active & known in the US, Sierra Leone West Africa, UK, & Germany for “Tainted Love” and many other songs that are listed on YouTube. The Tiaras performed the back up vocals for “Gone With The Wind is My Love.” Gloria currently resides in several parts of the world-United States, West Africa and she is involved with the creation of a new school of music to educate the younger generation in Sierra Leone. Gloria is still available for engagements and performance on TV, Radio and stage. Gloria has been a very busy lady and looks great. She also has a son Rolan who is involved with the music business as a performer in the LA area of California and another son who is married. 

And Lou  discover another song that was lost and forgotten years ago. It was Jimmy McFarland's original "Blowing My Mind To Pieces," with the Tiaras doing the backup vocals. . Jimmy's never released performance is powerful and exciting. Not only did Jimmy record the original 3 minute version, but also a new   arrangement which is on the CD. The CD features both the original and new arrangement. Jimmy is very active in the music business as a performer in the San Antonio Texas area. Jimmy has recorded many tunes over the years from "Lonely Lover”  to  “You Make Me Feel Like A Man.” He was also the lead singer for the Los Blues Band and played various instruments. Jimmy is still available for engagements and performance on TV, Radio, and stage. 

The Tiaras are also feature on the CD with their performance on “You’re My Man” and Love’s Made A Connection. Their performance speaks for itself. A blend of soul with a touch of Rhythm and Blues. The Tiaras are from the Orange county area and some reside in Los Angeles. The Tiaras performed all the back up vocals for both Gloria and Jimmy. The song You’re My Man” by the Tiaras really sounds like a winner. It has to be heard. Edna Woods of the Tiaras, back in the 80's,  also performed with the Ikette and Tina Turner back i n the 80's for several years-touring with the group in the US and the UK.

The songs by Gloria and Jimmy has never been heard by the general public music audience or radio jocks-including the Tiaras song “You’re My Man.”Kingdom Come Forever Records will attempt to promote these songs as new releases to the general public since the arrangements on these songs can be consider as current with today’s sound and message with a twist of Soul, Rhythm & Blues, and Pop. The CD Digital Downloads will be purchased on CD Baby and the  Physical CD can be purchased at Kunaki Distributors via this website.......    

https://www.kunaki.com/Sales.asp?PID=PX00U9R7RF

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!