Handful of Butch Williams found

Dave Thorley

----------- Did you get one, Here's a second chance ----------

So here's the story, was visiting Butch Williams recently and he found he still had 15 copies of his great 45 still unsold, so he gave them to me to get them gone.

Recorded a few years ago as part of a CD album, the response to this track was so good that a year later he cut it as a 45. At the time it flew out the door and was a sell out and we thought all copies had gone, people now have this for over £50 a pop on the web. Recently he found a small grip still at his house and asked me to get them sold, so if you didn't get one, here's your chance.

Butch was the lead singer of the Heartbreakers, out of Louisville back in the 70’s, known to many for their northern dancer ‘I’ve got to face it’, on Derby City.

The CD and then 45 marks the end of a five year project for Butch to bring his music to market. This has been a labour of love and completely self financed, Butch has been involved in every step of the process and his efforts have produced a fine southern soul/blues showcase for his talents. He is passionate about keeping the spirit of Louisville R&B alive and has used many local musicians on this recording.

The track of most interest to the European soul fan will be ‘Keep on loving me the way that you do’, which has a classic southern soul sound, reminicent of 70’s Memphis.

Butch Williams - Keep on loving me (The way that you do) / Forever more - Stargazer - Mint £25 + P&P

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!