How rare are some of the 70' boots

Mrmick

Was talking about records (as we have been known to occasionally)  and the conversation progressed to records i bought when i was 11 to 14. And i was saying that you never see them. Ie lillie bryant . Jay d martin. Gwen owens etc..im talking about the ones with mr in the run out.. i always wonder how many of these were pressed . Any ideas ?

Social source share

They're actually more common than you'd think, but that's not what a lot of sellers seem to think.  Jay D Martin £15 Gwen Owens £25.  There are some very rare ones like the first presses of Salvadors, George Blackwell, the Yum Yums is rare but most are "gettable".  I've currently got around 400 different in stock and four or five copies of some of them.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Pete S said:

They're actually more common than you'd think, but that's not what a lot of sellers seem to think.  Jay D Martin £15 Gwen Owens £25.  There are some very rare ones like the first presses of Salvadors, George Blackwell, the Yum Yums is rare but most are "gettable".  I've currently got around 400 different in stock and four or five copies of some of them.

IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.401c0802e40ed895dc75586033db8ea7.JPG

Hello Pete,do you know anything about this one?....I know the original is very rare,but what about the "re-issue"?...:g:...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Pete S said:

Get £25 for that on a good day

2 hours ago, glynthornhill said:

Had this one in stock for over 12 months , and agree it's obscure .... eventually let go for £10  - Sometimes it's unfathomable .....

Cheers for that lads....I've always quite liked it,and the original goes  for pretty good money too....

Edited by MGM 1251
Social source share

51 minutes ago, Premium Stuff said:

Do you mean the Monarch stamped George Blackwell Pete? Styrene with blue label and silver print? :g:

Cheers

Richard

No there's one before that, looks very much like the original and is on vinyl - except has PB in the run out - only seen 2 in 30 years, one was being sold by a dealer as an original, "allegedly" he sold at at least twice and had it returned then when he sold it a third time, someone drilled a hole through the vinyl to stop him selling it again.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Pete S said:

No there's one before that, looks very much like the original and is on vinyl - except has PB in the run out - only seen 2 in 30 years, one was being sold by a dealer as an original, "allegedly" he sold at at least twice and had it returned then when he sold it a third time, someone drilled a hole through the vinyl to stop him selling it again.

Correct Pete. I was the second buyer. 3rd buyer sent it back drilled after he got his money back.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:25, MGM 1251 said:

IMG_0595.thumb.JPG.401c0802e40ed895dc75586033db8ea7.JPG

Hello Pete,do you know anything about this one?....I know the original is very rare,but what about the "re-issue"?...:g:...

This is an official reissue from the Jamie Guyden organisation. I got 6 copies when it was done. Think I have 1 left. Been selling them at £25. The price of the original has gone shooting up, so for most this is the only way to own it. Great tunes both sides.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All.  As a WHUFC 68 boot boy, I still have12 hole OX BLOOD Dr Martins a 10 hole Black DM's that I got in 69m 2 pairs of original Monkey Boots BLACK & OX BLOOD, & a few other BOOTS that don't stand up against the ones I have mentioned, still have a pair of Toe-tectors covered in red Cardinal front door step paint I got in 67, so not many but all very rare as they have been in the "chicken run" all my BOOTS have teeth marks in them, which is why they are rare also I'm the Original "SPIRIT of 69"l +++++Pete I still have some  classic SOUL BOOTS including the YUM YUMS,  but nowdays I have got to hate people who sell BOOTLEGS I only buy original  SOUL ISSUES & DEMOS.

:thumbsup:I hope that I have answered the question KTF,:yes:Dave K 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

l've got a pair of desert boots , and very comfortable they are ,  up the iron ✌🔔

45 minutes ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:Hi All.  As a WHUFC 68 boot boy, I still have12 hole OX BLOOD Dr Martins a 10 hole Black DM's that I got in 69m 2 pairs of original Monkey Boots BLACK & OX BLOOD, & a few other BOOTS that don't stand up against the ones I have mentioned, still have a pair of Toe-tectors covered in red Cardinal front door step paint I got in 67, so not many but all very rare as they have been in the "chicken run" all my BOOTS have teeth marks in them, which is why they are rare also I'm the Original "SPIRIT of 69"l +++++Pete I still have some  classic SOUL BOOTS including the YUM YUMS,  but nowdays I have got to hate people who sell BOOTLEGS I only buy original  SOUL ISSUES & DEMOS.

Social source share

On 02/12/2017 at 21:13, dthedrug said:

You must hate 95% of people who sell records then including your mates Mick and me

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Crosskid

A couple of years ago put my Yum Yums on evil bay and thought £50 would be a good return!!! Was contacted within an hour and asked if I would sell it 'off site'. I initially said no but he came back with a £300 offer that I accepted. Could have sold it 10 times over and quickly regretted it..

Like all things some 70s boots are sort after but most are worth £10 to £20 and Petes probably selling it  and the 'out of sight' pressing have just swamped the market.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!