miles grayson record producer

Mark Soul

Loads on his music biz work on his Discogs page ... including ... 

Miles Grayson  Real Name: Harold Lee Grayson     
Profile: American musician, arranger, producer, conductor, singer and songwriter, born September 10, 1939. He founded Grayson Productions and the publishing company Respect Music Co. / Respect Music.              Web Site: rizingsunrecords.com
In Groups:    The Miles Grayson Trio

At his peak (songwriting)  --  1966 to 1975

Arranged / conducted studio band on quite a few goodies too  ....   by comparison, didn't produce that many tracks.

Info on who cut his songs here ... https://www.discogs.com/artist/705802-Miles-Grayson?filter_anv=0&subtype=Writing-Arrangement&type=Credits

MaryLove45.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

As far as I know, he was the piano player in The Miles Grayson Trio, and started out working in San Diego, California.  He moved to Los Angeles in the late early to mid 1960s.  He had records out on several small Soul indie labels in L.A. and San Diego during the 1960s.  He was arranger on many reecording sessions in L.A. during the '60s and '70s.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 1 year later...
On 05/12/2017 at 22:24, Robbk said:

As far as I know, he was the piano player in The Miles Grayson Trio, and started out working in San Diego, California.  He moved to Los Angeles in the late early to mid 1960s.  He had records out on several small Soul indie labels in L.A. and San Diego during the 1960s.  He was arranger on many reecording sessions in L.A. during the '60s and '70s.

He wrote the B side here ( a little off thread but do we know anything about this group please ?

Capitols.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I note that Zelpha Crawford is the writer of  'I Can't Deny That I Love You' so I reckon she's one of The Capitals.  She turned up on Motown's Chisa label as part of Dorothy (Berry), Oma (Heard) & Zelpha (Crawford) with a song called ' Gonna Put It On Your Mind'. 

According to the notes for 'The Complete Motown Singles volume  9'  Crawford was indeed in the Capitals and also in The Wooden Nickels, another group that recorded for Omen. Wayne Henderson bought them to Motown (Chisa) from Watts.

Edited by Firecrest
i took a few words out.
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!