How the hell is this not massive??

Richard

• Replies 137
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

4 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Absolutely Len. That is horrible, nasty, filthy. That should never have been massive - anywhere. Its an affront to human decency. Round my parts Guy and Keb, that 60's mafia sound, were known as Guy Dustbin and Keb Garbage. :wicked:

Obviously, not mesen like. Particularly as that Keb geezer is a bit handy! :rolleyes:

They were both a bit handy Pete far too hard for the Disco Bunny boys :thumbup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, andybellwood said:

There’s also a great version (imho) from French band, The Primaveras 

....cheers for that Andy,thats not too bad at all.....what's the vintage on that then?

(its better than the rubbish Len and Peter are listening to)..............:lol:.....:thumbsup:......

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Punch bag  music  ,l think it's called  in some parts .😨

1 hour ago, Patto said:

They were both a bit handy Pete far too hard for the Disco Bunny boys :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Absolutely Len. That is horrible, nasty, filthy. That should never have been massive - anywhere. Its an affront to human decency. Round my parts Guy and Keb, that 60's mafia sound, were known as Guy Dustbin and Keb Garbage. :wicked:

Obviously, not mesen like. Particularly as that Keb geezer is a bit handy! :rolleyes:

Social source share

6 hours ago, Patto said:

Here is one that might interest you Ian.Back in the 80s i remember hearing Guy H play a frantic 100mph instrumental.I never found out its title and Lost track of it and never heard it out anywhere until i saw it on this you tube clip from Nuneaton nighter 2013.

The Dancers are of course Andy Cannon and Sharon two of the very best and prob the only 2 these days that could dance to it .

Anyway Mr Martyn Bird put me out of my misery by identifying the record as the Cover up Lord Thunder--- Kaos.Real artist Blockbusters--Muddy part 2

Always thought it should have got more action but the frantic tempo does it no favours for todays ageing dancers

brilliant  you only need to be fit to keep up both of these are like me dont need drugs to achieve it either  100mph 6Ts northern at its best  at least we play 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, andybellwood said:

Cheap as chips , always creates interest when played out - unknown by many - 

Jimmy Ruffin ‘boy from Mississippi ‘ 

That's great didn't know it, but I but suspect I have a copy lurking in a box somewhere, but I will get digging the afternoon! 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 05/12/2017 at 08:51, richard said:

Thought would be good to do a little thread for records that have all the right ingredients to go massive but just never have.

My first offering is a UK only release on 45 that didn't sell massively, plenty of great "feel good" vibe, danceable, right tempo, builds well, fantastic, singer and musicians. Not a an expensive rarity appreciated but personally think it's worthy of dance floor action.

May be that album sales stunted it??

Holding back? out of key? and speeded up? and almost mickey mouse?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, CheltSoulNights said:

Holding back? out of key? and speeded up? and almost mickey mouse?

i get what you mean pete this has it all! even immaculate backing singers violins the whole accomplishment well rehearsed . but incredibly forget able no hook line to grab your attention    

Social source share

On 12/15/2017 at 17:55, chalky said:

Was first played 84/85 but yes the anniversary single was the 5th or 6th anniversary in 86. 

Quite correct it was 84 i asked adey  he brought it back from the states in 84 had an acetate made of it played it down the 100 club to us all it was issued that year at the anniversary & would have probably been my first one i went to 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, IAN STACEY said:

Quite correct it was 84 i asked adey  he brought it back from the states in 84 had an acetate made of it played it down the 100 club to us all it was issued that year at the anniversary & would have probably been my first one i went to 

Probably the Hardest and most valuable of the 100 club Anniversary singles.Certainly the one everyone wants, ive never owned one.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, IAN STACEY said:

The anniversary 45 was a couple of years later in 1986.  It was the 2nd time a 45 was given away. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 5 months later...

DeVons and Merv Murphy stand out.

Rest are average. Just being honest, and yes it is all about taste.

Agree about James Wells. Levine is still toxic in many folks opinion. Tailor made and all that stuff.

Used to be big at cleggy, not sure if this was big anywhere else or has had a revival :

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 15/12/2017 at 19:38, LEN said:

What a terrible noise :D

Len :thumbsup:

I feel it's fundamentally my duty to disagree with Len. This track isn't terrible at all - it's chuffin orrible; but I'm sure somebody loves it! Once again I find myself saying it's down to an individuals taste and that's all that matters (unless it's Len 😆😆)

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, tomangoes said:

DeVons and Merv Murphy stand out.

Rest are average. Just being honest, and yes it is all about taste.

Agree about James Wells. Levine is still toxic in many folks opinion. Tailor made and all that stuff.

Used to be big at cleggy, not sure if this was big anywhere else or has had a revival :

Ed

You are Correct on it being Big at Cleggy, Was big for Soul Sam or may have been Poke, my memories shot Ha Ha, and Myself There, It was a very hard record to find on an original at the time and rarely comes up for sale as i for sure would not sell mine, brilliant double sider by the way and is very collectable for that side also, don't know about a revival but i still play mine out at our Modern Nites and a lot of people on here seem to be looking for an original copy, wasn't as big as it should have been back in the day due to it's rarity i would think.

Edited by RICK SCOTT
corrections
Social source share

I heard this was getting plays again from other threads on here.

A 50 pence special in 77 as I recall, when it was too old school at the time.

Its great that dj's are digging deeper to get some old hits another chance.

My favourite tune from the latter years at cleggy all dayers needs breaking out again. Infectious dancer.

Ed

Social source share

2 hours ago, tomangoes said:

I heard this was getting plays again from other threads on here.

A 50 pence special in 77 as I recall, when it was too old school at the time.

Its great that dj's are digging deeper to get some old hits another chance.

My favourite tune from the latter years at cleggy all dayers needs breaking out again. Infectious dancer.

Ed

JAMES BYNUM - LOVE MUSIC ( UN-ISSUED )

I had one of the original Acetates of this that came through John Anderson, Chris Dalton pestered the hell out of me for years to sell it and i reluctantly let him have it, wished i hadn't as it was a Cleethorpes Clasic play for me back in the Day but, hey ho, we do these silly things then live to regret it. Big revival on this now and why it was never legaly issued is a mystery, Fabulous funky Soul Instrumental.

Credit must go to Poke as i believe he played it first as he worked for John at Soul Bowl!!!   

Edited by RICK SCOTT
alteration
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!