richard

How the hell is this not massive??

1 hour ago, Mike Lofthouse said:

Don't think that will happen...it will mean giving a certain person some credit.......seems he is air brushed out of the TSWONS these days...

It’s a pretty awful record though. That’s probably the main reason.

20 hours ago, richard said:

Found this she was taking about Someone To Treat Me

My name is Jimmie Boone Amos.I was the lead singer of The DeVons. At the time this particular song was recorded at was only fifteen years old. The group which consisted of myself and my two best friends Debra and D.J. recorded two other songs "Wise Up Girl" and "Groovin' with my thing". I thank you for bringing back so many wonderful memories for me. Again thanks for the memories!!!!

It also had her email address which I've deleted

'Someone to treat me' is also a class record which went down well when i played it.......

On 12/9/2017 at 23:13, Cunnie said:

A couple more from Lou Rawls that have been criminally overlooked IMO.

I remember Robbie Vincent at the time getting behind "You can't go home no more", but I've never heard it played out. Maybe that it was on Blue Note meant that it didn't get picked up so much in soul circles.

Lou's remake of "Family reunion" would sound great played out, all classic Philly strings and things, really unusual quality for 1987.

14 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

I remember Robbie Vincent at the time getting behind "You can't go home no more", but I've never heard it played out. Maybe that it was on Blue Note meant that it didn't get picked up so much in soul circles.

Lou's remake of "Family reunion" would sound great played out, all classic Philly strings and things, really unusual quality for 1987.

It's an old Modernism spin of mine Mickey. The Bluenote album that it is on is pretty awful too apart from this track. It did get a 7" release too but only in Australia on the Capitol label but it must be pretty scarce as the only copy I have ever seen is the one I was lucky enough to buy. There is also an edited shorter version on the flip without the long drawn out intro. Looks bloody nice too as do most Aussie releases.
Also agree r/e the Family Reunion remake.

Edited by Cunnie

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links