martyn pitt

Joe Karlsen - R.I.P

Joe Karlsen - RIP

It is with great sadness that I have to let you know of the passing of a dear friend, a lovely man who loved his soul music, and of course his dancing.

Carol and I had called to see him just over a week ago, despite his problems he was his usual bubbly self, and we spent an enjoyable couple of hours chewing over the past with him.

Sadly yesterday evening Joe passed away.

Our deepest condolences to his wife Karen

All our love Martyn & Carol xxx

5a26671cf394d_Blackburn0602014.thumb.jpg.5452264b480cfc2bd2fb887ff758a50e.jpg

Heart felt sadness for Joe and family the man was a pure gentleman god bless to all his family and friends at this troubled times rip ..will never forget our times together Stephen and Christine

Both Jenni and myself would like to express our sincerest sorrow at the sad passing of one of the nicest persons you could wish to meet on the soul scene, the late Joe Karleson, and our condolences go to his lovely lady, his wife Karen.

In the short time we’ve know Joe he was an absolute pleasure to talk to, when we met him around the numerous soul events he attended, humility was Joe’s by the shed load, his laughter was exceptionally infectious, and a huge smile that would make a lemon wither.

The soul scene is a much sadder place without Joe ‘Out on The Floor', you had to marvel at his dancing and stamina to ‘Keep On, Keeping On’ so I’ll finish with a little bit from his mother tongue:

Gweddill Mewn Heddwch , Joe bach ……………..

Good night and god bless Joe, you will be sadly missed by family and friends so so much........keep smiling lovely man x 

Love and thoughts are with you Karen and the rest of the family at this very sad time

Haven't seen Joe for years. Sad news. Lovely guy and a real character who brightened up any room. It was always a pleasure to see him on the dancefloor enjoying the music; seeing him turn up at an event, you knew at least one person would be dancing. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links