Jump to content
Peter99

Snowing

Recommended Posts

Heavy fall here at the moment in Newmarket , hoping it turns to rain later as forecast otherwise Monday morning will be a nightmare .

I don't mind driving in it if it's absolutey necessary , but I'm long enough in the tooth these days to know that my services as a carpenter are far from essential and that those things that people are desperate to have done by Christmas can wait a day or two. 

Have just informed one client that if she really needs me in tomorrow and there's thick snow on the ground then she's welcome to make the 60 mile round trip and pick me and my kit up , needless to say she declined ... :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forecast for round 'ere (Cheshire) was for blizzards and Snowdrifts, with warnings not to leave your house in case you encounter Roaming packs of Starving Wolves, Polar bears and the odd Woolly Mammoth or Yeti .

Up to now I've counted seven flakes of Snow. 

Edited by Zed1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No wonder the kids of today never seem to play out , the tv , radio and the web is full of tales of woe about a few inch of snow falling, you would think it is radio active.

We used to look forward to the snow with relish and be disappointed as f**k when it melted . 

And in the past when it was bad it seemed to bring the community together a bit , people clearing the pavement asking the older folk if any errands are needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shinehead said:

No wonder the kids of today never seem to play out , the tv , radio and the web is full of tales of woe about a few inch of snow falling, you would think it is radio active.

We used to look forward to the snow with relish and be disappointed as f**k when it melted . 

And in the past when it was bad it seemed to bring the community together a bit , people clearing the pavement asking the older folk if any errands are needed.

 

But there's a big difference between the excited seven year-olds that we were then ( the ones that never felt the cold and bounced when we hit the pavement ) and the somewhat jaded adults that we grew into , the ones that snap loudly upon contact with hard surfaces and that turn blue in any environment below 25C.  ... :lol:

That said I've not turned any heating on here for seven winters and don't intend to start now just 'cos a few snowflakes have appeared ... :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

You've never mentioned owning a horse before.

Ay up Kegsy

She's not mine mate. I’m just very fortunate to have the small stable and fields as my neighbour. Just over the tree line is three Grantham canal.

There are two horses there at the moment. The one in the picture is called Scarlet - she’s an old lady at 34 years.

Hope you’re well mate.

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any information from the yard would be appreciated to pay my Xmas expenses 👅

8 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Ay up Kegsy

She's not mine mate. I’m just very fortunate to have the small stable and fields as my neighbour. Just over the tree line is three Grantham canal.

There are two horses there at the moment. The one in the picture is called Scarlet - she’s an old lady at 34 years.

Hope you’re well mate.

Pete

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zed1 said:

Forecast for round 'ere (Cheshire) was for blizzards and Snowdrifts, with warnings not to leave your house in case you encounter Roaming packs of Starving Wolves, Polar bears and the odd Woolly Mammoth or Yeti .

Up to now I've counted seven flakes of Snow. 

Gaz.  You can count.  :P Bet the lovely Debs helped you.  :hatsoff2:

Ste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Gaz.  You can count.  :P Bet the lovely Debs helped you.  :hatsoff2:

Ste

She's had lot's of practice Ste, counting the money out of my Bank account every week. :(

Trust all's good with you?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zed1 said:

She's had lot's of practice Ste, counting the money out of my Bank account every week. :(

Trust all's good with you?.

Ha ha . All good mate.  Not long got home from playing out last night.  You know me. 

Hope you're both very good and in the best of health 

Ste 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sledging with the kids 👍

Making a snowman ..

Snowball fight ..

All lovely things to do when the snow comes .

But it’s my worst nightmare , being a Site Manager of a Harrow Primary School with 1,000 kids ... start work at 6am clearing paths 😪😪😪

Not fun ... just came in for a tea and bickie 

And no help ... just me 😪

 

 

E0BE6BD4-75A1-4267-8603-961A789AE1A8.jpeg

67D9C2B3-6480-4C01-8424-05F2475698A7.jpeg

F082EAB9-DDE7-4603-9413-C378D520684E.jpeg

Edited by stevegods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

×