He's Gone !

Illusive

Never imagined I'd say this but Mr Jefferies has produced another 45 version of a classic side, and I love it !!!!! (No I haven't been bribed or suffered a knock on the head).

The Unsung Wonders return with a contemporary version of The Hamilton Movement's "She' Gone". 

Now I can see the queue forming of people wanting to hit me with a baseball bat for giving this exposure, but there it is. 

Kevlar suit, flak jacket, riot helmet and shield all firmly in place.

I'm sure Mick H will be at the front of the queue 😜

Merry Xmas

Gav

Social source share

9 minutes ago, illusive said:

Never imagined I'd say this but Mr Jefferies has produced another 45 version of a classic side, and I love it !!!!! (No I haven't been bribed or suffered a knock on the head).

The Unsung Wonders return with a contemporary version of The Hamilton Movement's "She' Gone". 

Now I can see the queue forming of people wanting to hit me with a baseball bat for giving this exposure, but there it is. 

Merry Xmas

Gav

Yeh,not bad,but a bit flat in places,and lacks the enthusiasm and energy of the HM original,nevertheless, a  worthy effort......

(you can come out from behind the sofa now).......:thumbsup:.......

Social source share

7 hours ago, illusive said:

Merry Xmas

Gav

Sorry, but it's real conviction and depth of feeling on the Hamilton Movement, sounds like the landlady pissed on boxing day with this one. Had it been Gwen Mccrae or a lady of similar ability then things may have been different enough to take notice.:wicked: 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 hours ago, illusive said:

Sorry but I personally don't see the point of this version.Wheres the grit,the sweat or the passion ? 

In my humble opinion as a musician, the only time you should cover someone else's record is if you have a completely different take on it or you can smash the original to pieces.

Just my two cents.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Couldn’t get past the first few bars...best filed next to Wigan’s Ovation. The vocal is weak and warbles. Not sure what the purpose of this cover is as it is so musically inferior, it surely won’t be a club-hit or a commercial success. The Hamilton Movement track is a great slab of uprising dance music that just builds and builds, a real gem. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, perux said:

Thanks gents Lee here to be honest I just do it for the crack to see if i can pull a band together and make a record. the best feeling is when you here everything live in the studio. 

Justr wrote this from scratch but dont have any words. listen to attached any ideas 

Sonic Wax Need Words - 16:12:2017, 12.39.mp3

Team up with Ian Levine. 

Tailor made is a niche market, a bit like this beer. Be prepared to be put off a lot :)

Ed

IMG_20171205_1905016.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest MBarrett
1 hour ago, perux said:

Let’s get one thing straight kid I don’t need the money. Nor is there much in it after £1000 to the band and £1000 to press plus money to writers though mcps. I do it for fun 

To these ears that sounds quite a tight and talented band.

What else do any of the members do?

Social source share

15 hours ago, perux said:

Thanks gents Lee here to be honest I just do it for the crack to see if i can pull a band together and make a record. the best feeling is when you here everything live in the studio. 

Justr wrote this from scratch but dont have any words. listen to attached any ideas 

Sonic Wax Need Words - 16:12:2017, 12.39.mp3

Hey Lee.

If you're producing this kind of music with a band(sorry, i'm under the impression that you're also the producer here and not just a band member) I would highly recommend that you read Gabe Roth's 'Shitty Is Pretty' essay on producing Soul and Funk tracks.

I reference that particular essay all the time myself and its like a bible to me as I'm also a musician and producer ,its definitely worth checking out if you haven't come across it before.Its in two parts and it's pretty long but its brilliantly written and I've found it indispensable as a guide. Its also pretty damn hilarious too at times.There's a metric ton of advice in there when it comes to recording and obtaining the type of sounds that make for producing great, and most importantly,authentic sounding Soul and Funk music tracks.

Apologies as I don't have a link to the article right now ,but if you Google it you will find it easily enough.

Happy reading.

Soulsides.

Edited by Soulsides
Social source share

22 hours ago, perux said:

Ohhh Frankie thats Dynamite !!! do you fancy writing some words for us ? see if we can win you over x

Thanks for the confidence booster...now thinking of changing my Soul-Source name to William Wordsmith... Just been on your website and I must say it is FAB, easily the best one out there and miles better than John’s, Pat’s and Tim’s... At £15, this unsung offering is a real bargain and I would urge seasonal splurgers to buy now to avoid spiralling record price inflation.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!