Jump to content
shinehead

Christmas Holidays

Recommended Posts

I am currently on sick leave after a nose operation for the last month and the doc has signed me off for another two months - so I WAS looking forward to a nice relaxing Christmas with the wife and kids , leisurely breakfast during the morning,  bit of a nap,  then a film before everybody gets home.............. 

However my wife has brought a puppy home !!!! 

Which she states will be good company for me over the coming months !!!!

Oh joy....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Tempest said:

I am currently on sick leave after a nose operation for the last month and the doc has signed me off for another two months - so I WAS looking forward to a nice relaxing Christmas with the wife and kids , leisurely breakfast during the morning,  bit of a nap,  then a film before everybody gets home.............. 

However my wife has brought a puppy home !!!! 

Which she states will be good company for me over the coming months !!!!

Oh joy....... 

Sounded like bliss lol , this time next year you will wonder how you managed without the dog :yes:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finish at 5pm on Saturday, as long as my client arrives at 1pm, if he's late then I'll finish when I've done three hours and I'll leave the cleaning up until Wednesday morning, otherwise I'll get things put in the autoclave, switch it on, quickly wipe down surfaces put on the alarm and lock up.  I'm back at work on Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished work last Friday. Back to work around 8th of Jan depending on whether there is any work for me to do. Being self-employed and working from home has certain advantages at the start of the Christmas holidays, but not necessarily always at the end of them. Still, and to be honest, no real complaints here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

Friday 5pm , gone are the days of finishing at lunchtime and going on the lash Graham :(

Thursday 1.00pm - Then going on the lash :D

Have a goodun (When you get there) :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Finish 6pm Sunday ( swapped a day with one of the lads) holiday booked for wed 27th back in Thursday 6am until 6pm New years eve.  Then off until Thursday 4th

Steve 

Do you work for the NHS  Steve ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On nights right through Christmas and new year but at least they put on entertainment for us in A&E god bless the NHS . Usually have what we call Bootleg Boxing day a few days later get the familly round . 

What ever you do have fun stay safe dont end up in hospital I will only laugh at you . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2017 at 18:52, Winsford Soul said:

No Graham.  The exact opposite . Maintenance fitter in Waste recycling it's as smelly and dirty as you could imagine 

Steve 

Busy time of year for waste Steve..It’s like hells gates have opened on the 27th December where I work (suez)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jimmy clitheroe said:

Busy time of year for waste Steve..It’s like hells gates have opened on the 27th December where I work (suez)

They que out of the gates here (viridor ) Bredbury on the 26th and all the Manchester sites. Sad bastards. Who goes to a recycling centre on boxing day.  Luckily I'm off 25th  thru 28th . 

Steve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

They que out of the gates here (viridor ) Bredbury on the 26th and all the Manchester sites. Sad bastards. Who goes to a recycling centre on boxing day.  Luckily I'm off 25th  thru 28th . 

Steve 

Yep , same where we are Steve, if fact some sad F@#ks dump at the front gates on either Christmas Day or Boxing Day. One guy came down on the 27th December with 7 foot Xmas tree with all its lights,  trimmings everthing , Not a happy bunny.🤣 iam off at the moment, don’t envy any of the lads who are at the yards over Christmas..Madness😱ATB Paul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished yesterday and will be back in on Wednesday. It’s become a bit of a Christmas tradition that I cook breakfast for all the staff who are in on the last day. Thankfully a lot of people were off yesterday but it’s still a bit of a slog doing 20 cobs with bacon, sausage, eggs and mushrooms. Particularly when I do it to a high standard and ensure that everything is hot. Everything cooked on a camping stove with one burner. 

:hatsoff2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm visiting my sister in Winnipeg, Manitoba, for The Winter Holidays.  It's bloody cold here! lots of snow.  She's married to a Dane, so, we have a traditional Danish Christmas, and a traditional Chanukkah celebration for our Jewish family branch (of which I am a member).  I spend most of December here.  Then, January 3, I go to Los Angeles, to visit my other sister for some weeks, and thaw out.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RobbK said:

I'm visiting my sister in Winnipeg, Manitoba, for The Winter Holidays.  It's bloody cold here! lots of snow.  She's married to a Dane, so, we have a traditional Danish Christmas, and a traditional Chanukkah celebration for our Jewish family branch (of which I am a member).  I spend most of December here.  Then, January 3, I go to Los Angeles, to visit my other sister for some weeks, and thaw out.

Happy Holidays everyone!

RobbK 

LA is mid 20ts not quite warm enough to hit Malibu - happy traveling at the airport which are usually a nightmare have a happy and healthy 2018 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ZoomSoulBlue said:

RobbK 

LA is mid 20ts not quite warm enough to hit Malibu - happy traveling at the airport which are usually a nightmare have a happy and healthy 2018 

Thanks!  Same to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

×