Modern Soul - no boundaries

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

I was flicking through some youtube videos and came across a clip of a recent event where somebody was playing Prince Phillip Mitchell's "I'm so happy" in the modern soul room.  Why would anybody want to play this in a modern soul room?  Surely the whole point of having a second modern soul room is to have a place to try new things out?

Anyway, thought it might be fun to put up lesser known stuff which you would love to hear if you stumbled into a modern soul room at 3.00 am.  Things a bit kind of "left-field" so to speak.

Social source share

• Replies 50
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 22:49, woolie mark said:

Found this in the back of an old box of 7", brings back memories!

Picked up numerous UK 7" copies of this for a few pence each back in 1992. Seemed not too many folk wanted copies back then. Probably still got some spares up in the loft even today.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
On 1/5/2018 at 23:05, Spain pete said:

No good at posting but  what about , shine your light ,Andrea melody palmer . 👌🎶🎶🎶 

Nice choice Pete

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest woolie mark
1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

Not been out and about recently, can anyone tell me of the venues that play stuff like this? :hatsoff2:

Blackpool Mecca? :lol:

Probably best to ask some proper modern DJs who are on here - user names Mark R and Mr Fish have been posting up some really good stuff recently.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I'm surprised this one never took off.  I remember Sam and Arthur playing this in early eighties, must have been as a new release.

Social source share

On 13/01/2018 at 05:29, Maxwell said:

Not been out and about recently, can anyone tell me of the venues that play stuff like this? :hatsoff2:

We play stuff like this(especially Rupe) as well as classic 70s and Modern Soul anthems at Soul Spirit in Boston,the next one is on Saturday April 28th.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

This isn't really my cup of tea and it's not my record, it's from RobinofSherwood's (who's that?) youtube channel.  It's really got something about it though.  The brass arrangement is great.  Possibly from Connecticut in 1979.  I reckon it's a Mexican wedding band or something like that?  It's easy to get hold of, so I thought I would post it up as somebody might really love it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!