Jump to content

best under priced record under 20 pound


Recommended Posts

Posted

Has this happened to anyone else ?         I bought gene faith "my babys missing" on discogs cos diddy morgan recommended back up the thread !!! So it was 25 usd but open to offer so I offered 20 usd which was accepted !!!!! It arrived today and the stabilizers in the packaging was two more records:lol: not too bad either in resonable condition 😛 I think it derserves a big up dont you ?     Atb baz and a big thanks to mr morgan for the recommendation :hatsoff2:cheers sir

IMG_20180104_162703.jpg

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 360
  • Views 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

still on still one  of the beat under £20 records 

Probably one of the best double siders ever ....

Not sure what this is going for across the Big Pond, think it fits the bill (?)

Posted Images

Posted
40 minutes ago, IAN STACEY said:

you will not get this for twenty quid 30/ 35 if its in bad condition but not twenty 

You may have a point-I  looked at the last 9 sold copies on collectors frenzy and here's the results- Nov. 2017- (vg-) $20.50, Oct. 2017 (vg) $19.65, Sept. 2017 - $40.25,

Sept. 2017- (vg) $20.06, July 2017 29.64, July 2017 $28.86, June 2017 (ex) $21.76, April 2017 (vg++)- $26.62 

    All prices are in U.S. dollars- some of these had no condition listed. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, the yank said:

You may have a point-I  looked at the last 9 sold copies on collectors frenzy and here's the results- Nov. 2017- (vg-) $20.50, Oct. 2017 (vg) $19.65, Sept. 2017 - $40.25,

Sept. 2017- (vg) $20.06, July 2017 29.64, July 2017 $28.86, June 2017 (ex) $21.76, April 2017 (vg++)- $26.62 

    All prices are in U.S. dollars- some of these had no condition listed. 

bought on this year seach in every box & on here for 6 or 7 months ended buying a mint one for 30 of a girl on here .& counted myself lucky to get it the postage from the states is astronomical price make buying from there much more difficult  :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, IAN STACEY said:

you will not get this for twenty quid 30/ 35 if its in bad condition but not twenty 

On Discogs

Revilot Records ‎– RV 211

The Parliaments - All Your Goodies Are Gone (The Loser's Seat) / Don't Be Sore At Me (7", Single)

Media Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+)

Also one for £18.00 - Media Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+)

  £20.00
+ shipping
Add to Cart

 

Edited by Guest
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 hours ago, Majy said:

On Discogstic 

Revilot Records ‎– RV 211

The Parliaments - All Your Goodies Are Gone (The Loser's Seat) / Don't Be Sore At Me (7", Single)

Media Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+)

Also one for £18.00 - Media Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+)

  £20.00
+ shipping
Add to Cart

 

is the shipping free i dont think i would be so that makes both of these more the twenty quid does it not as the question tune for £20  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, IAN STACEY said:

is the shipping  free i dont think so .so that makes both of these above twenty quid as the not from peoples sale boxes you have to include the price of shipping 

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 minutes ago, IAN STACEY said:

is the shipping free i dont think i would be so that makes both of these more the twenty quid does it not as the question tune for £20  

 

1 minute ago, IAN STACEY said:

 

thought you were joking at first

lighten up its all meant to be enjoyable!

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, IAN STACEY said:

is the shipping free i dont think i would be so that makes both of these more the twenty quid does it not as the question tune for £20  

The Parliaments - All Your Goodies Are Gone (The Loser's Seat) / Don't Be Sore At Me (7", Single)

Media Condition: Very Good (VG)
Sleeve Condition: Good Plus (G+)

£18.00
+ £2.00 shipping £20.00 total

 

Just so you know! :wink:

 

 

  • Ships From:United Kingdom
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Majy said:
The Parliaments - All Your Goodies Are Gone (The Loser's Seat) / Don't Be Sore At Me (7", Single)

Media Condition: Very Good (VG)
Sleeve Condition: Good Plus (G+)

£18.00
+ £2.00 shipping £20.00 total

 

Just so you know! :wink:

 

 

  • Ships From:United Kingdom

cheers majy i seen a few like about that price but always really knackered i also include whatever postage i pay on every record but cheers for info buddy :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 minutes ago, IAN STACEY said:

cheers majy i seen a few like about that price but always really knackered i also include whatever postage i pay on every record but cheers for info buddy :hatsoff2:

The one at £20 also ships at £2.00 so £22.00 all in

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, Majy said:

The one at £20 also ships at £2.00 so £22.00 all in

:hatsoff2: so the other at £22 is just  over the mark  not easy to get in your hands for twenty quid .i looked for months in boxs found a few but like i said not good enough quality for allnighters  

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

 

Surely got to be one of the best records you can get for a fiver or less.

Quote

 

 

 

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 22 December 2017 at 20:56, the yank said:

Not sure what this is going for across the Big Pond, think it fits the bill (?)

al.jpg

Get yourself together - even better.

Dx

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Garland Green Angle Baby - defo in my top 5 all time favourite records and dirt cheap... Come to that you can get all the other stuff as well on the album for very little (don't know how much currently - but think I paid £30).

 

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Another ultra classy sound - with a dodgy pop A side (Tomorrow is a brand new day) that had spins at Wigan I believe - dead easy to get dead cheap.

Dx

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Garland Green Angle Baby - defo in my top 5 all time favourite records and dirt cheap... Come to that you can get all the other stuff as well on the album for very little (don't know how much currently - but think I paid £30).

 

 

Thats a great record Dave. Never heard it before.

Pete

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
41 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Garland Green Angle Baby - defo in my top 5 all time favourite records and dirt cheap... Come to that you can get all the other stuff as well on the album for very little (don't know how much currently - but think I paid £30).

 

 

paid pete smith thats on here selling records paid £40 not more than two months ago & i think his prices are low if anything 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
29 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Thats a great record Dave. Never heard it before.

Pete

paid pete smith thats on here selling records not two months ago £40 i think petes prices are low & current  .

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
32 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Another ultra classy sound - with a dodgy pop A side (Tomorrow is a brand new day) that had spins at Wigan I believe - dead easy to get dead cheap.

Dx

must be a bootleg agian paid pete smith on here more than £20 but there are loads of lookalike bootlegs that are cheap

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, IAN STACEY said:

must be a bootleg agian paid pete smith on here more than £20 but there are loads of lookalike bootlegs that are cheap

So because I paid less than you mine must be bootlegs, that's obviously the answer... After all, I'm clearly incapable of finding an original at a good price (despite having had a pretty serious collection in my time - I didn't say I bought these yesterday) and you're clearly not a div who's no good at box digging.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

So because I paid less than you mine must be bootlegs, that's obviously the answer... After all, I'm clearly incapable of finding an original at a good price (despite having had a pretty serious collection in my time) and you're clearly not a div who's no good at box digging.

Dx

BOOTLEG  div so you must think pete smiths ripping people of the current price not ten years ago i actualy go to nighters looking for tunes do you 

Edited by IAN STACEY
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

heres a photo of a real one note position of matrix numbers  bootleg in different position & lighter grey dave & pete for future reference when buying

P1070848.JPG

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, shinehead said:

Well under £20 more like a fiver , class record and smashes the Tyrone Davis version to bits.

  

 

Nice but I still would go with Jesse's original

jesse.jpg

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, IAN STACEY said:

paid pete smith thats on here selling records not two months ago £40 i think petes prices are low & current  .

Not sure what that has to do with my thinking its a great record.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Peter99 said:

Not sure what that has to do with my thinking its a great record.

put it on wrong line but as your here you say you have never heard it i asume your fairly knowledgable this is never been easy to get was played at stafford bensons bradford 

in the 1980s dont you find it odd that you been around & not heard it much because brother its one of his hard to find tunes thats why it aint £20

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 minutes ago, IAN STACEY said:

put it on wrong line but as your here you say you have never heard it i asume your fairly knowledgable this is never been easy to get was played at stafford bensons bradford 

in the 1980s dont you find it odd that you been around & not heard it much because brother its one of his hard to find tunes thats why it aint £20

Ha! Fairly knowledgeable? Not me brother -  I know fcuk all.  Although having said that I do know a good record when I hear one.

Pete

:thumbsup:

 

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Peter99 said:

Ha! Fairly knowledgeable? Not me brother -  I know fcuk all.  Although having said that I do know a good record when I hear one.

Pete

:thumbsup:

 

:thumbsup::hatsoff2:

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we please keep to appreciating the tunes that are being discussed, rather than homing in on if they're really worth less than £20.00. That bit isn't so important really. 

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
Posted
22 hours ago, IAN STACEY said:

just bought for a tenner 

Freddie's version is great but a bit rock and roll sounding for me (no insult intended) - this version is more soulful? the way it picks up the beat at .58 is more 'Northern' to my ears but what do I know - anyway an absolute cracker for around twenty quid or less

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
Posted

 just a nice record to listen & move to, under £20

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, shufflin said:

 just a nice record to listen & move to, under £20

 

You’re right...this is one to sit down to...have a listen...,

soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin
Posted
28 minutes ago, MGM 1251 said:

ABSOLUTE classic....  EEB87372-42B7-4B8F-9594-E76CF50CFD19.thumb.jpeg.28d666e47fc9d6b251cca0168fc1471b.jpeg

....gotta be less than twenty?...

yep, you can stretch to promo for about the same, fantastic sound 

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, shufflin said:

 just a nice record to listen & move to, under £20

 

I absolutely adore this record. Good music moves your soul and this definitely moves mine. SUPERB <3<3<3

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, shufflin said:

 just a nice record to listen & move to, under £20

 

That’s a lovely record - full of love, lyrically beautiful with a whole bucket load of soul thrown in for measure. 

Great choice my friend.

Pete

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 hours ago, IAN STACEY said:

heres a photo of a real one note position of matrix numbers  bootleg in different position & lighter grey dave & pete for future reference when buying

P1070848.JPG

Well gosh, exactly the same as mine.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  1. Underplayed, Under-appreciated & Under-priced
    Record Sales by markw on Sat 17 Jun 2017
    • 1 / 1009
    • markw on 17 Jun 2017
  2. Under-played, Under-rated Motown
    All About The Soul by Soulsmith on Thu 06 Jul 2006
    • 51 / 2963
    • Baz Atkinson on 16 Jul 2006
  3. Bargain Priced Re-issues - £10.00 & Under
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Thu 20 Feb 2020
    • 4 / 520
    • Mick Sway on 21 Feb 2020
  4. Bubbling Under Mid Priced 70’s & Modern Soul Dancers
    Record Sales by randy on Wed 11 Mar 2015
    • 1 / 943
    • randy on 11 Mar 2015
  5. 10 Of The Best Bubbling Under Indemand Xover & 70’s
    Record Sales by randy on Thu 17 Jul 2014
    • 1 / 711
    • randy on 17 Jul 2014
  6. Podcast-the Best Northern Tracks Under 25 Quid....ever!
    Soul Media by Chris Anderton on Fri 11 Dec 2020
    • 16 / 734
    • Keamus on 26 Dec 2020
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.