Records you could listen to over and over again

Jazz

• 3 weeks later...

"These things will keep me loving you", The Velvelettes. 

1970 saw me with my first "serious" girlfriend, doing, shall we say, "grown-up" stuff for the first time. We must have played this twenty times a night, every night for months. Almost fifty years on, and I still listen to it once a day at the very least. Never tire of it, and never will.

"Girl across the street" Moses Smith.

A year or so later from the shenanigans with the girlfriend, and I remember when this was broken on the scene. Blew me away then, and still make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Another that's listened to every single day.

"Oh my Darlin" Jackie Lee, and "Crying over you" Duke Browner.

Again, the start of the seventies, when the scene was still very much an underground one at the height of its greatness, and these two were mega-biggies. They still bring back so many vivid memories that sometimes it hurts. Oh to be seventeen again!

Social source share

8 minutes ago, EnricoACM1899 said:

Many of 'em...to name three that come to mind and that are in my box...Bobby Sheen "Something new to do", Almeta Lattimore "These memories" and Mark IV "Signs of a dying love"

Three fabulous tunes and all in my box too enrico:hatsoff2:all bought in the last 12 months 👍 atb baz

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
12 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

Random one

Roy Orbison - It's Over

If Arthur Alexander had recorded this I'd be in heaven

A

a good sound is a good sound isn't it? love torch songs generally

Imagine though if Walter Jackson had recorded it....

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Donnie Hathaway just chills me right out and this is wonderful the studio version is not as good as this live version,  strangely enough the 7" single on atco has the studio and live on the same pressing cat number matrix etc had three copies two studio and one live and cannot tell them apart at all

cheers geeoooooordie

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, geordiejohnson said:

ey up Baz you lazy git shouldnt you be working LOL

Heres another chiller.. i love from the master...   Geeooooordie

Not yet m8 its too cold 😖😂😂😂 end of feb I start 😘 goin over to wrexham to do mi daughters garden first X av you got donny hath tune for sale ? Awesome 👍

Social source share

No not selling its one that stays put whenever i have a clear out wouldnt part with it..But you should be able to get it easily off the net for around a tenner but like i put in the post some are the studio and some are live, you want the live with the clapping at the beginning .. its a strange one, https://www.discogs.com/Donny-Hathaway-Little-Ghetto-Boy-Were-Still-Friends/release/280997

a few here for sale

Geeoooordie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!