Records you could listen to over and over again

Jazz

43 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

This is in my opinion Linda, s greatest song ever.  And relatively unknown.  Should be a monster. 

Steve 

Amazing track, Steve and if it’s relatively unknown it bleeding well shouldn’t be!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

41 minutes ago, Jaco said:

Amazing track, Steve and if it’s relatively unknown it bleeding well shouldn’t be!

also done by the o'jays

great track

Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

This is in my opinion Linda, s greatest song ever.  And relatively unknown.  Should be a monster. 

Steve 

I have had in a domestical K-7 during years by The O'Jays (practically all the "O'Jays Live!" album on Bell Records, jointly with other O'Jays songs from the 60's on Liberty and Neptune). This was the "walkman" era and this k-7 come with me at the mountain with other soul domestical compilations. Linda also covered a song original by The O'Jays on Neptune.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

From the mid 70's to the present day, more than "individual songs", I NEED to hear again and again some complete albums like The O'Jays "Ship Ahoy", The Dramatics' "Drama V" or Marvin' "Here My Dear" or more "recent" stuff like the entire "Beneath The Surface" CD by Incognito... those albums contains songs that I can hear one time and another non - stop ilke "Don't Call Me Brother" or "Treat Me Like A Man"...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Bobby Womack - Standing In The Safety Zone , Pure bliss to my ears a record that starts of like a rock track then develops into a Womack classic the middle and the last section does me every time. 

Always a second play for this with the volume cranked up.

Another for me is Otis Clay -  It Was Jealously , this one leaves me rendered f**ked but another play is needed. 

Social source share

17 minutes ago, jazz said:

Talking of bobby womack always loves this 

Great pick mate - I was going to post that up later. Lyrically, it’s quite beautiful, and the vocals absolutely define Mr Womack’s unique voice. This single record really hooked my brother, whose never been into soul music. I now buy him Bobby albums for his birthday.

One of my top five artists of all time.

Pete

:thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Great pick mate - I was going to post that up later. Lyrically, it’s quite beautiful, and the vocals absolutely define Mr Womack’s unique voice. This single record really hooked my brother, whose never been into soul music. I now buy him Bobby albums for his birthday.

One of my top five artists of all time.

Pete

:thumbsup:

If I could play “ I’m through trying to prove my love to you” by Bobby Womack every day then I could play Millie Jackson’s version every hour

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Three From Me 2 not on Youtube so I included Clips Bernie Moore - Which Way To Turn (Lark 103) & Royal Cinders Chorus & Band - Girl You Sure is Funky (Hip Time 500) Both of which have fantastic breaks in them & my Ben E King says it all:wub: Enjoy

Finally Released On Kent 046 in 2016

Merry Xmas Kirsty

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Gold Band said:

Three From Me 2 not on Youtube so I included Clips Bernie Moore - Which Way To Turn (Lark 103) & Royal Cinders Chorus & Band - Girl You Sure is Funky (Hip Time 500) Both of which have fantastic breaks in them & my Ben E King says it all:wub: Enjoy

Bernie Moore - Which Way To Turn (Lark 103) 1968.mp3

Royal Cinders Chorus & Band - Girl You Sure is Funky (Hip Time 500).mp3

Finally Released On Kent 046 in 2016

Merry Xmas Kirsty

Jesus Wept.

I remember hearing Bernie Moore - Which Way To Turn in the RAFA Club Aycliffe about 2013, blew me away.
Absolute quality.

Social source share

On 25/12/2017 at 09:16, mickjay33 said:

GOT TO BE AL WILSON PURE CLASS NEVER GET TRIED OF THIS FANTASTIC RECORD

My wife and I go on a cruise every year. On the t.v. In the cabin you can access the ship’s music channel. This is on it and it’s become our romantic holiday tune. It gets played over and over each cruise. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 25 de diciembre de 2017 at 21:32, Bruv said:

Another one of my regular spins Lou Rawls - See You When I Git There 

The album "Unmistakably Lou", that I have as a present from my sister in my teens (she knows my musical taste!) was the one where I discovered Lou. Before I only knows "Trade Winds" included in the VV.AA. "Let's Clean Up The Ghetto" (little after I purchased many other stuff by Lou on Capitol, MGM, his previous PIR album,...). Immediately I was "fallin' in love" with the whole album but specially with the intro of "Spring Again" and the jazzy "Early Morning Love". I read an interview with Kenny Gamble (don't remember where in the web!) on wich Kenny says "(...) the two albums I'm more proud for havin' produced are Lou Rawl's 'Unmistakably Lou' and Nancy Wilson' 'I'm Now A Woman' " (...)"

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Soulman58 said:

Off the top of my head - the following are rarely played once

You Got Me - Jaibi

Come See Whats Left Of Me - Bobby Hutton

It Seems You've Forsaken My Love - Maxine Brown

Walk Away From Love - David Ruffin

House For Sale - Millie Jackson

Great shout with Bobby Hutton, Soulman :hatsoff2: What a Soul Masterpiece that is...:yes:    :thumbup:  

Social source share

I Like this track too "Hank Hodge - Eye For An Eye (Eye 503)" The only youtube clip has a dodgy start & finishes about 30 seconds early?

& While were talking Eyes I Like this too melts me Everytime.

Yvonne Baker & The Sensations - Eyes (Argo 5412) 1962

Having Brown Eyes Myself, oh! & Him Indoors

Enjoy

Kirsty

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 23/12/2017 at 21:24, David Meikle said:

Alexander Patton’s “A Lil Lovin Sometimes”

The epitome of our scene IMO.

Absolutely bang on.My favourite Soul Sound of all time a true Twisted Wheel record.As David says this record is what soul is all about, a 60's record and a timeless masterpiece,I had the pleasure of meeting Alexander in 2005. All the best Fred 

Edited by Mr Fred
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!