Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

48 minutes ago, soulandy said:

Amazing to think you actually saw it to get the photo! Brilliant

Thanks Andy. After spending most of my life fishing and loving nature,  birds in particular you kind of get a eye or second sense for any sudden movement no matter how small then it's just a case of stopping still and seeing what happens. Thanks again

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

IMG-20180220-WA0001.thumb.jpg.264d38cc60fa4d17e976e52528b579b1.jpgIMG-20180408-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2d8101149581443f8c3712a7117fc435.jpg                                     For those of you that remember the photos of my grandson Ronnie when he was born premature here is an update, first driving lesson and waiting patiently to be fed:)

Fantastic picture's mate. :thumbup:So glad to see him growing up fast considering how tiny Ronnie was when he was born.

Ste 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Widnes63 said:

This photo was taken last summer, any ideas ???    Was told that it had something to do with the tour of Britain.WP_20170521_15_13_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.091e095789c8358a58da7e5a908690aa.jpg

Ste. I've just been having a closer look at the picture.  I now think its one of  those Ghost Bikes that's from when sadly someone has been killed in a cycling accident and its a memorial to the rider

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Ste. I've just been having a closer look at the picture.  I now think its one of  those Ghost Bikes that's from when sadly someone has been killed in a cycling accident and its a memorial to the rider

Ste

That's not good:(... and on such a quiet road.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 12/04/2018 at 18:00, Widnes63 said:

IMG-20180220-WA0001.thumb.jpg.264d38cc60fa4d17e976e52528b579b1.jpgIMG-20180408-WA0002.thumb.jpg.2d8101149581443f8c3712a7117fc435.jpg                                     For those of you that remember the photos of my grandson Ronnie when he was born premature here is an update, first driving lesson and waiting patiently to be fed:)

What a beautiful little miracle. He’s lovely Ste, bought a tear to my eye seeing his tiny face.

Pete

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 12/04/2018 at 18:26, Widnes63 said:

This photo was taken last summer, any ideas ???    Was told that it had something to do with the tour of Britain.WP_20170521_15_13_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.091e095789c8358a58da7e5a908690aa.jpg

Yes tour of britain lots of these yellow bikes still on show around the country some near us around the eastwood / underwood area where the tour passed through.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Thanks for clearing that up for us Dylan :thumbup:

I've just seen the later post where it suggests it might be a memorial.

it may have become one at a later date after its initial purpose.  It would make a fitting memorial. 

I have seen ghost bikes painted white where a cyclist has been killed.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 minutes ago, dylan said:

I've just seen the later post where it suggests it might be a memorial.

it may have become one at a later date after its initial purpose.  It would make a fitting memorial. 

I have seen ghost bikes painted white where a cyclist has been killed.

Dylan. There's plenty of ghost bikes in and around Manchester but I've never seen a yellow one either mate.  . The reason I mentioned it as a ghost bike is the amount of flowers and notes etc posted on the bike plus it's on one of  the quietest lanes that I know of that's well off the beaten track. No where near the tour  passed, it's actually near the  St Helens, Widnes, Warrington border. Hope that helps

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dylan. There's plenty of ghost bikes in and around Manchester but I've never seen a yellow one either mate.  . The reason I mentioned it as a ghost bike is the amount of flowers and notes etc posted on the bike plus it's on one of  the quietest lanes that I know of that's well off the beaten track. No where near the tour  passed, it's actually near the  St Helens, Widnes, Warrington border. Hope that helps

Steve

I am sure you must be right.  That amount of flowers can sadly only suggest one thing.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
29 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve

Steve there are a few near me on roads with flowers etc, as you say

One near Bold Heath

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:30, Winsford Soul said:

ID question for Martyn 

I think its a Willow Warbler but not sure ?

It was sulking about in the bush not calling or singing so I couldn't ID it that way . Sorry its not a clear picture mate couldn't get a clean shot through the branches then it disappeared. 

Steve

IB2A5343 (2).JPG

Looks like a willow warbler to me Ste, but I'm no expert

• Up vote 2
Social source share