Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

On 24/04/2018 at 19:30, Winsford Soul said:

ID question for Martyn 

I think its a Willow Warbler but not sure ?

It was sulking about in the bush not calling or singing so I couldn't ID it that way . Sorry its not a clear picture mate couldn't get a clean shot through the branches then it disappeared. 

Steve

IB2A5343 (2).JPG

Sorry Steve missed this, I would say Willow Warbler the pale cheek area below the eye would not be on a Chiffy

• Up vote 3
Social source share

7 hours ago, suzannek said:

Found this beautiful lichen growing on a fencepost massive it was.  Was really surprised as usually see it growing down the woods on the trees it is Evernia Prunastri aka Oakmoss they used to use it to make perfume 20180409_164516.thumb.jpg.168060007a7ae97ccbbd0e4d3c8c344d.jpg

That's stunning Suz.  👍

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Cherry blossom in the Amsterdam woods...

Love the contrast between the blossom and the beautiful blue sky ( whatever that is ). 

Russell.  Just to remind you that its time for you to post the winners photographs from last month and I think March.

Cheers 

Steve

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Blue sky - a rare treat. I'm just sorry the cherry blossom got in the way! 

Most-liked photos of the month... Had forgotten and so will do it a bit later. :thumbsup:

Sunset silhouettes...

DSC_9671-web.jpg.fed5f05f3886208b69676b4ae425e3d6.jpg

Love the silhouette. And thank you kind sir

Steve 

Social source share

22 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

Spanish bluebells, Hyacinthoides hispanica, sadly they reproduce far quicker than the native species.

I know Dave. That's about the only thing that I know about them. Unfortunately there are no English bluebells around Pennington flash. 

Steve 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

I know Dave. That's about the only thing that I know about them. Unfortunately there are no English bluebells around Pennington flash. 

Steve 

That's a shame, the Spanish ones are bullies and will muscle in anywhere they can.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Mark S said:

A Mancunian sunset

20161006_183226.jpg

Mark. I'm trying to suss out where the picture was taken from. It's obviously the Bethan tower in the back ground and it looks like the radio masts between Ashton and Oldham on the right and the M60 in the front left foreground. 

Steve

• Up vote 3
Social source share