Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

On 14/06/2018 at 10:31, Winsford Soul said:

Then to my complete and utter surprise I  managed this picture

Steve

IB2A6592.JPG

Great shot. Our next door neighbour had a family of foxes under his shed early on this year and we used to watch them play in the garden. Great stuff. We used to leave scaps of food out. As you can hear we got a tad excited 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPT81cpybxc

• Up vote 2
Social source share

58 minutes ago, soulandy said:

Been to Looe in Cornwall this weekend. Looe Harbour at low tide on Saturday and high tide on Sunday when it was also a bit damp

DSC01660.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

Great pictures Andy. 👍

Were there any fishing boats landing sea food? I love anything edible, fresh from the sea.

You get around a fair bit, thanks for sharing your travels with us.

Pete 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

22 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Great pictures Andy. 👍

Were there any fishing boats landing sea food? I love anything edible, fresh from the sea.

You get around a fair bit, thanks for sharing your travels with us.

Pete 

Thanks Pete

I didn't see any boats landing their catch, we weren't there that long really. A flying visit to see my lad who is working down there. Trying to get around as much as possible these days before it's too late :-). Still getting out to local soul nites as and when tho 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Steve

I hope all is well mate. Great photographs as always. Looks like Bamby flushed out s magpie!

Pete

Good evening my friend :hatsoff2:Very good thanks apart from post holiday blues 😥 Only 3 months until go back 😀 Todays pictures help though. And all the kind words and acknowledgments

Trust your keeping well and safe 

Steve

Social source share

42 minutes ago, veedub said:

Just been on holiday to North Norfolk and was lucky enough to capture these newly fledged Chiffchaffs waiting to be fed . They were in a low bush next to my caravan and kept coming back to the same small branch over 3 days. 

chiffchaffs.jpg

That's awesome.  One of my favourite bird's. 

Steve 

Social source share

32 minutes ago, Mal C said:

More shots from Santiago de Compestella... fabulous city, but I’m now ready to move on, think my legs are wondering why there isn’t so much walking! 

The chap on the bench is on all the city literature, no idea who he is though...

Mal

52096356-964E-49F7-8753-0CB8B4AAFEEA.jpeg

0DAE2260-FCC5-400C-BDA8-7CA87BB0944F.jpeg

9F564C3D-8D77-4CCE-B574-BDAF33219ADF.jpeg

Don Ramón Maria del Valle-Inclán

Edited by TattooDave
mind lapse
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Finding this brilliant Mal......thank you...Spain is a fabulous country that people know nothing about...the usual comment...." I don't like Spain " ....really!!!...thank you...Rob

I know less than most Rob, and I live here, in my defence it is like an enclave of most European countries here, and the average age is higher than mine.

Social source share

22 hours ago, Mark S said:

Earlier this evening from the hills above Glossop Saddleworth Moor on fire probably contrbuting to a hazy sunset over Manchester 

20180625_204032.jpg

20180625_204104.jpg

Mark.  It's visible from Thelwall viaduct.  I've been in Llandudno all  day and returning this evening I could smell the fire from nr Eccles and around Blackley it's slightly foggy with the strong smell of smoke and there's a fall of ash on my garden furniture. By the way I live about 10 miles from where the fire actually is Will.... try and post a picture of the foggy area

Steve 

Back Garden smoke.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, stevegods said:

Just got back from a long weekend in Cornwall ... beautiful weather.

One of my favourite little harbours Mousehole , and one of the saddest , Penlee Lifeboat Station , and for any of you that don’t know the story of the Solamon Brown here’s a link .. take my hat off to those RNLI guys back in the day .

FF3E9E63-BB04-44F5-B4B1-9F8D644C58B9.jpeg

EAF31AD6-C090-413E-98FD-3A3FA6D0C97E.jpeg

Penlee Lifeboat - an act of incredible bravery that ended in catastrophic tragedy.  I worked for thew RNLI in the 90's - a mere fundraising manager. I did have the privilege of going out on a number of rescues on different all weather class boats. Not many people know that the weather conditions can be so bad that regular crew members get sea sick and succumb to hypothermia. 

Pete

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

15 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

I am really enjoying looking at everyone photos.. thanks for posting.. I took this a few years ago in pentewan, Cornwall.. just a fun photo of a cloud looking like it is about to destroy the house below.  

Screenshot_20180626-215933.png

That’s Da Bomb!!! 

Social source share

7 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Last night's Moon over Manchester, The colour is due to the smoke and ash from the massive 6 square kilometre moorland fire just to the East of the City

Steve

IB2A6813 (2).JPG

Was looking at the moon last night but not as red as that. The fires are bad, both for people and animals and I fear it could go on for some time with no rain in the forecast. You can get a wiff of the smoke down here in Sale now and again and also see the smog hanging over the moors. Light ash fall in Manchester city center as well

Social source share

19 minutes ago, soulandy said:

Was looking at the moon last night but not as red as that. The fires are bad, both for people and animals and I fear it could go on for some time with no rain in the forecast. You can get a wiff of the smoke down here in Sale now and again and also see the smog hanging over the moors. Light ash fall in Manchester city center as well

Andy. The smoke and ash seems to be blowing inbetween here and South Manchester and with the moon further south again would probably explain the difference in colour.  Does that sound logical  ? It's been overcast and stinking of smoke here all day. Yet where Lou works just a few miles north of here she's been in brilliant sunshine all day. The wind has changed direction late afternoon so we now have the blue sky

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share