Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

48 minutes ago, soulandy said:

A couple of sunset photos from last night. Also one of the moon over MUFC Training complex. If it's not cloud there's an awful lot of smoke over the hills and you could smell it. These are from the Carrington/Sale area towards Winter Hill about 20 miles awayDSC01736.thumb.JPG.07bcaa0644e83402b2deff679582c553.JPG

DSC01730.JPG

DSC01737.JPG

Andy. Got friends that live in inglenook close Carrington.  Love the middle picture 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, josep manuel concernau robles said:

Here's a photo of me and some friends of mine practicing canyoning in Pyrenaic Mountains in Huesca province in the first 90's (analogyc camera). This is a very esthetically canyon, Aigüeta de Barbaruens, a Ésera river tributarie, next to the Benasque Valley famed.

BARBARUENS.jpg

Thats pretty cool Josep.

Peter

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 hours ago, TattooDave said:

I have many happy memories of the place as a teenager, but probably the weirdest was when I home on a weekend from the Army my parents took me there, I went off and did my own thing and said I'd be back at the car at 4pm, only to find they'd forgotten I was with them and driven off.  Needless to say it was pre-mobile phones, so I hitched back to south Lincolnshire and was sat on the doorstep when they got back, they'd stopped in Boston for tea and didn't realise I wasn't with them.  Parents, who'd have 'em?

Home Alone 4 - Lost In Skegness.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 hours ago, TattooDave said:

I have many happy memories of the place as a teenager, but probably the weirdest was when I home on a weekend from the Army my parents took me there, I went off and did my own thing and said I'd be back at the car at 4pm, only to find they'd forgotten I was with them and driven off.  Needless to say it was pre-mobile phones, so I hitched back to south Lincolnshire and was sat on the doorstep when they got back, they'd stopped in Boston for tea and didn't realise I wasn't with them.  Parents, who'd have 'em?

😂I smoke a joint dave and have just ad such a f..... laugh at that one 😂😂😂😂. Atb m8 baz 👍

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Last nights sunset.

Where I live in Manchester the sun at this time of year sets above the moors at Bolton and Horwich. The colours are caused by the fires on the moors

Steve

IB2A6980.JPG

Nice 👍 Looks like its going to be another one like this tonight.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Mal C said:

Fun in the sun... my youngest giving it loads, the tree reflection from the moat at ‘Nunny Castle’  nr Glastonbury 

m

A4845794-49B2-4DC5-BBA0-3F5F61A2E4CA.jpeg

623AEE62-EB40-4904-9FC4-6E01A85C0BB3.jpeg

FE9CA1A0-5B3B-4E04-89B6-E56F038E8429.jpeg

And I’m going to be a proper little Madam! 🤗

She’s a lovely little girl Mal. The biggest regret of my life was not having any little ones.

Pete 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 29/06/2018 at 10:07, stevegods said:

Caught this one last night ... not very awe inspiring really but it was the light and shadow that made it .. 

also big shout out to all those having to deal with the fires in Manchester . 

3CA5A1BA-681C-44A9-AB69-22B4F44EF57D.jpeg

Disagree it’s My type of picture, it’s very good, I’m more interested in visual puns and classic editorial type images, a small escursion into simple reflection, symatary and shadow is what makes photography i think...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

48 minutes ago, Johnny Jones said:

A few close up photos I've taken over the last few weeks, I use them as my desktop backgrounds.

DSC03368.JPG

DSC03586.JPG

DSC03590.JPG

DSC03594.JPG

DSC03596.JPG

Fantastic Johnny. One of the the things I appreciate about this thread is seeing posters gain in enthusiasm and professionalism in their craft. Great stuff.

Pete

• Up vote 1
Social source share

30 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

This is no way compares with some of my far more skillful pals in terms of quality. But, here are two pictures of my brothers rescue dog Betsy. I think she's a Belgian Shepherd. My brother has had her for about a year now. The first photo is when he chose her at a rescue centre - she had been so badly beaten and half starved. Whenever a human went near her she was so fearful she weed, whimpered and cowered. The second picture is of a contented, confident and beautiful dog; 12 months loving care, and twice a week conditioning and training at a local club (which she loves) she's amazing. It is also very coincidental that Betsy was a rescue dog from Romania, and some of you may know that I have strong links there. Well, I hope I can post them both now! Pete

betsy2.png.a1702da4277a94b50bad95a521d36423.png

betsy3.thumb.jpg.081c9ad2dc1bae566e66e7ef4810f0f4.jpg

That's a fantastic story with a even better ending my friend. 

Trust your well sir . :hatsoff2:

Steve

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Fantastic Johnny. One of the the things I appreciate about this thread is seeing posters gain in enthusiasm and professionalism in their craft. Great stuff. 

Pete

Cheers for that Pete, don't think me and professionalism have ever been in the same paragraph lol :thumbup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share