Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

On 25/08/2018 at 13:51, Winsford Soul said:

Terrapins at Pennington Flash. Something that you don't see every day.  Infact it's the first time that I've actually seen them at Pennington. 

Steve

IB2A7295 (2).JPG

Evening Steve. I’ve seen Terrapins in the Grantham canal  which is one field away from my house. People get fed up with them as a pet and just dump them in the nearest water course. All the ones I’ve seen are basking in the sunshine in order to provide their cold blood with the warmth they need to become active.  

Pete

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/08/2018 at 19:54, Mal C said:

He did... it was brilliant, I thought it was 'The Travel Programme' with Judith Charmers but he said she was ITV, and he wrote the theme to that as well... I love 'Lucifers Cage' but as there were so many Guitaristas on, they only only got three songs a piece...

Wow. That’s amazing. Pete 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Treated myself to a new manfrotto tripod. Here it is supporting the big white (without the camouflage)  ready for anything . 

If you have ever wondered how some of us get some of the pictures we do. Lenses like this are the main reason plus field craft, patience and been in the right place at the right time .

Steve 

20180826_173036.jpg

Looks more like dangerous rocket launcher to me steve 😂 ant got one and no patience either 😂😂😂😂.baz. av never been in the right place at the right either 😢

Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Treated myself to a new manfrotto tripod. Here it is supporting the big white (without the camouflage)  ready for anything . 

If you have ever wondered how some of us get some of the pictures we do. Lenses like this are the main reason plus field craft, patience and been in the right place at the right time .

Steve 

20180826_173036.jpg

Blimey, wouldn't fancy lugging that up a mountain, but some do. No wonder your bird pics are ace, like others on here 🙂

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, baz1 said:

Looks more like dangerous rocket launcher to me steve 😂 ant got one and no patience either 😂😂😂😂.baz. av never been in the right place at the right either 😢

Baz. You must have been in the right place at the right time to get to meet your lovely Shelly mate. 😎

I know what you want to say but don't because you will get in trouble. 🤣🤣🤣

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, soulandy said:

Blimey, wouldn't fancy lugging that up a mountain, but some do. No wonder your bird pics are ace, like others on here 🙂

Thanks Andy. The lens weighs about 3 kg, camera 1 kg, tripod 2 kg. Plus 2 other lenses and accessories plus bag. Lou can't pick it up when full. You certainly know when you have done about 10 miles up in the hills or on rough ground. 

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 20:22, Amsterdam Russ said:

Two joint winners for the most-liked photo(s) for the month of August. They are...

Martyn Pitt's migrant hawker, and Johnny Jones' fine nature selection

Congratulations @martyn pitt & @Johnny Jones for these wonderful photos. Well done, both!

Cheers all, brilliant photos by everyone as usual. Some superb ones already this month 👍, keep 'em coming.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

19 minutes ago, Derek Pearson said:

Iconic piece of old Bradford 7 graffiti circa 1970. Long gone I'm afraid.

Original photograph not taken by me.

Derek

Immediately behind and running parallel to this big stone wall was an old single track railway line that serviced some old goods yards. In the middle of the picture you can just see the top of the old metal footbridge which crossed over the railway line.

A few hundred yards away to the left of the picture was the old Bradford Park Avenue Football Club ground (still in use at the time), a club I used to support as a young teenager due to living nearby.

1685572015_itsameanoldscene.jpg.1774ad4278b16ddb36013b519592a583.jpg

Nostalgia.  Ain't what it used to be.  

Social source share

22 hours ago, Derek Pearson said:

Carved into the rocks high above the moors at Ogden Reservoir (inbetween Bradford and Halifax).

Derek

Derek, after reading the poem my youngest daughter Melissa searched on line and found this article, are the other poems in your neck of the woods ?

Possibly another photo opportunity ! By the way,  your dog has the perfect pose.

Ste.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jul/08/bush-sings-new-praises-to-literary-heroin

• Up vote 1
Social source share

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/sep/07/tv-wildlife-enthusiast-johnny-kingdom-killed-in-digger-accident

Gutted to hear yesterday of the death of Johnny Kingdom in a tragic accident on his beloved exmoor . This man's love and passion for the wildlife and nature of Devon and Exmoor was a shining example for everyone who cares about our natural environment.  He was certainly one of my heroes and how I would have loved to have had the chance to meet him. 

R.I.P Johnny Kingdom.  Sleep well 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

25 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/sep/07/tv-wildlife-enthusiast-johnny-kingdom-killed-in-digger-accident

Gutted to hear yesterday of the death of Johnny Kingdom in a tragic accident on his beloved exmoor . This man's love and passion for the wildlife and nature of Devon and Exmoor was a shining example for everyone who cares about our natural environment.  He was certainly one of my heroes and how I would have loved to have had the chance to meet him. 

R.I.P Johnny Kingdom.  Sleep well 

Steve 

Hi Steve

Yep, he was a fantastic cameraman and protector of our wildlife. Did you see the three legged deer that he adopted. It was an amazing story, - one of many, with a sad but uplifting outcome. 

"This is my land" will live on forever.

Pete

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Steve

Yep, he was a fantastic cameraman and protector of our wildlife. Did you see the three legged deer that he adopted. It was an amazing story, - one of many, with a sad but uplifting outcome. 

"This is my land" will live on forever.

Pete

Good evening my friend trust that you are well.  :hatsoff2:. Yes Bambi the adopted Red deer was a shining example for everyone.  The trust that the fawn showed in Johnny and the love, kindness and patience Johnny showed  in return was truly heartening. 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

28 minutes ago, SOOTY said:

Hi all!x I popped in a year or so ago...and looked at your pics....LOVE THEM!x I take about 100 a week when out there of all kinds of things...and last week i did a 1400 mile trek around the UK and choose the sunrise at Saltburn from the pier end out of that journey!x

2nd pic I came across these minis heading for some car rally somewhere at a service station on the M5!

3rd pic is of the Newport Transport bridge in Wales....great piece of engineering and captured its Victorian heritage in the early morning mist methinks!x

4th is of my local Town St Ives...besides promoting successful nighters in the 90's there...it also has a wonderful Medieval centre and bridge...caught here in panoramic view at 8am 2 weeks ago!x

5th and 6th and final for now is of my baby girl Lexy!x We spend a day each week together...I come back for it wherever I am in the World...end of. We do all kinds of things...visit museums...go canoeing...and she loves climbing and daring/scarey stuff...oh and insists on wearing wellys wherever/whatever...but her fav is...going on a bus! This is our trip on an open top bus with good friend Shane as the driver!!x  All my pics are done with an Ipad...the recent ones done with the new Ipad Pro 10.5"....it does me...I reckon!x Keep clicking...I like pics!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

IMG_2654.JPG

20180414_082149.jpg

20180414_075445.jpg

IMG_2400.JPG

20180518_153757.jpg

btreat.jpg

Nice picture's  Sooty.  Keep popping up on here mate, it's been quite.  :D

Steve 

Social source share