Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

8 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

That's fantastic news mate.  So chuffed for you.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures 

Steve 

Thanks Steve

I know he's going to change my life, and I will change his. I'm really excited. I have the option to bring him to work with me and I've just taken delivery of a large stair gate to be fitted to my office door.

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Steve

His name is Ace - and he is ace. Full of fun, a bit cheeky but very affectionate. He's a big strong lad now, but was bare bones when he arrived from Romania half starved. Its amazing how dogs can still be so loving when they've been treated so badly.

I'm really excited about him coming home with me.

Peter

He must have had his tail docked over in Romania.  Our dog was docked but he was born just before it was banned in this country.

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

He must have had his tail docked over in Romania.  Our dog was docked but he was born just before it was banned in this country.

That's correct Steve. The rescue centre has Dobermans from all over the UK, but also from many other places, current dogs are from Spain, Crete, Romania, Poland and Russia. Most of the dogs, but not all, have docked tails, some of them have the cropped ears a well. 

Its a real coincidence - or perhaps not, that some of you may know that I spent seven years as a Director of a children's home in Romania. All of our children had significant disability issues, including learning difficulties, Downs Syndrome, and Cerebral Palsy. Sadly, the majority of disabled children in Romania were shunned by society, and ended up in "hospitals" and their lives were pretty horrendous. Things are improving slowly but there is much still to be done. 

The other coincidence is that my brothers new rescue dog that he adopted last year is from ..................................................Romania! I find that quite profound.

Peter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

It was meant to be my friend.  I don't believe in God as such but things happen for a reason. 

Steve 

Hi Steve

I have spent too many years in a dark place of self imposed exclusiveness, loneliness, chronic depression and self neglect. My new pal and I are going to go places together, as a team. So many nice places to visit - I think I might come and visit you and Lou on your annual holiday next year!

Peter and and my new besty.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Just now, Peter99 said:

Hi Steve

I have spent too many years in a dark place of self imposed exclusiveness, loneliness, chronic depression and self neglect. My new pal and I are going to go places together, as a team. So many nice places to visit - I think I might come and visit you and Lou on your annual holiday next year!

Peter and and my new besty.

Your more than welcome my friend. 

Get your self a camera and with being out and about with Ace just think of the photo opportunities that will appear. 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 25/09/2018 at 12:21, Peter99 said:

My new best mate is now officially my boy. He comes to live with me on the 10th of October. Ace.

dobermann doberman dobe dobie rescue charity rehome

Really nice to hear this.

I remember you saying a while ago how much you'd like to have a dog of your own,Pete.

He looks like he will be a terrific companion,all the best to the both of you,mate!

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

Really nice to hear this.

I remember you saying a while ago how much you'd like to have a dog of your own,Pete.

He looks like he will be a terrific companion,all the best to the both of you,mate!

Thank you so much - that's a lovely message.

Pete

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

🤣🤣🤣 That's class mate but I wouldn't expect anything less. We good thanks :hatsoff2:Trust you and the lovely Shelly are keeping well and safe :thumbup:

Steve 

Yes m8 both tops,well shellys not she sweatin like f... int kitchen doin a cake 😂 tek care .baz

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:54, Peter99 said:

I'm mainly doing the house for my new mate. I would be happy to wander round in a derelict house, pissed, for the not so see able future!

dobermann doberman dobe dobie rescue charity rehome

You realise you'll be shedding weight on a daily basis walking Ace around and no doubt you'll have to limit your vodka intake until you get used to each other's schedule.  He'll do you proud Pete, they are wonderful companions.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

From today. 

Footsteps on the beach 

Steve 

20180929_112953.jpg

Is this one of those trick photos steve or am I seeing something different to anyone else and my wife shelly!!!!she says the footprints are dished in😵 they look raised up to me ???what do you see ? Baz

• Up vote 1
Social source share

45 minutes ago, baz1 said:

Is this one of those trick photos steve or am I seeing something different to anyone else and my wife shelly!!!!she says the footprints are dished in😵 they look raised up to me ???what do you see ? Baz

🤣 Baz that's good gear.🤣

I,m afraid your Shelly is right again mate my feet sank about two inches into the sand. But Lou,s sank about three inches :shhh:

I used to be able to walk without leaving footprints 😀 or was that dance :shades: to heavy now mate by about two stone since I packed them smokes in

Steve

Social source share

22 hours ago, TattooDave said:

You realise you'll be shedding weight on a daily basis walking Ace around and no doubt you'll have to limit your vodka intake until you get used to each other's schedule.  He'll do you proud Pete, they are wonderful companions.

Thanks Dave

Been to visit my boy again today - he's put on some needed weight and I'm sure he's taller too. He slipped his halter which makes him a little more manageable to walk - relying on the safety lease meant I kept hold of him but he almost dragged me two miles down the lane. He's a real strong boy now and I was knackered! He just needs to have some certainty in his life, and a constant companion to bond with. Considering how badly his first year and a bit of his life was he's amazingly affectionate. He's a stunning looking boy too now he's being fed properly. Loads of pictures to come.

Pete

• Up vote 2
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I wonder what colours badgers would choose to be if they knew they where only black and white

Steve

Wouldn't matter really Steve, they only go out in the dark ... surprised we never saw more of them at nighters, being nocturnal and underground 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

Wouldn't matter really Steve, they only go out in the dark ... surprised we never saw more of them at nighters, being nocturnal and underground 

Now you mention it Martyn. The first badger that I ever seen alive  was on my way to either a Whitchurch or Winsford nighter many years ago. It was running down the verge of the A49 near Cuddington in Cheshire.

Steve

Social source share

40 minutes ago, SOOTY said:

Morning!x Just scrolled through the pics posted since I last popped in a week or two ago....and sorry i can't click 'like' to them all as i'd be here all day....but SUPER stuff and thanx for sharing!x Here's a funny moment i've had since I posted my last lot of pics.....my baby girl 'givin it laaarge'.....until i told her a Tiger was coming...hehe!!x LUV IT...and her!x Linton Zoo near Cambridge!x Popped in t share another 'film' that is overdue...the 1st Comedy Carpet event back in 2015.....now able to be edited and released to my satisfaction!x I said it would....and will drop a taster in one of the forums...coming soon for all those who featured and were there...!x

@@
~
LUV

SOOTY

X

luv.png

Ey up my mate.

She's beautiful Sooty.

Hope all is well boss.

Pete

Social source share