Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

1 minute ago, Peter99 said:

Ey up my mate.

She's beautiful Sooty.

Hope all is well boss.

Pete

I do seem to produce gorgeous Gals Peter....and yup she'll be joining the endless stream of heart breakers i'm sure!!x Off on a UK trek tomorrow taking in Scotland and the South Coast and all in between including Manchester...Birmingham...Newcastle...and .so will see upon my return what is well....and what ain't my old Mate!x Me personally.....always good and looking forward to spending every minute i can with Lexy as she gets older! I see her once a week every week....more than what i did with my first two who I saw once a week max although not 'quality' time with them....that was for their first 10 years....then for the next 7 I was out at NS doo's every weekend I came home so they saw even less of me....and I regret it all today...the lack of time with them bit!x So 3rd chanced Peter and i'm taking it....!x Here's a pic of my eldest daughter Nats....she married last year and lives outside Beverley near Hull now....gorgeous gal too....and Lexy's Mam...6ft 1" bruiser....and I have the marks to prove it...hehe!!x My Son got married a few weeks back too....both him and Natalie danced at Northern doo's as kids...proper little Cambridge Stompers.....but sadly suffered the downside of me and their Mams 'come down' after our intense involvement with it....so aren't interested today! Hopefully Lexy will take an interest in the vinyl...she loves music and dancing...so on the right track and I can leave her my collection to be appreciated....and not flogged as 'good riddance to that'...hehe!!x Thanx for asking mate and hope all's well your end!x

LUV
SOOTY 
X

girlsme.jpg

14224861_10210874679169248_5630781145445807649_n.jpg

14192132_10210874679289251_5509945812778160931_n.jpg

wed.png

krisnnat.jpg

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

• Up vote 3
Social source share

56 minutes ago, SOOTY said:

I do seem to produce gorgeous Gals Peter....and yup she'll be joining the endless stream of heart breakers i'm sure!!x Off on a UK trek tomorrow taking in Scotland and the South Coast and all in between including Manchester...Birmingham...Newcastle...and .so will see upon my return what is well....and what ain't my old Mate!x Me personally.....always good and looking forward to spending every minute i can with Lexy as she gets older! I see her once a week every week....more than what i did with my first two who I saw once a week max although not 'quality' time with them....that was for their first 10 years....then for the next 7 I was out at NS doo's every weekend I came home so they saw even less of me....and I regret it all today...the lack of time with them bit!x So 3rd chanced Peter and i'm taking it....!x Here's a pic of my eldest daughter Nats....she married last year and lives outside Beverley near Hull now....gorgeous gal too....and Lexy's Mam...6ft 1" bruiser....and I have the marks to prove it...hehe!!x My Son got married a few weeks back too....both him and Natalie danced at Northern doo's as kids...proper little Cambridge Stompersimageproxy.php?img=&key=519623113c43b88e.....but sadly suffered the downside of me and their Mams 'come down' after our intense involvement with it....so aren't interested today! Hopefully Lexy will take an interest in the vinyl...she loves music and dancing...so on the right track and I can leave her my collection to be appreciated....and not flogged as 'good riddance to that'...hehe!!x Thanx for asking mate and hope all's well your end!x

LUV
SOOTY 
X

girlsme.jpg

14224861_10210874679169248_5630781145445807649_n.jpg

14192132_10210874679289251_5509945812778160931_n.jpg

wed.png

krisnnat.jpg

IMG_3059.JPG

IMG_3077.JPG

Nice one mate. Nat's is beautiful as you say. I thought you and Lexy's mum were sorted - from afar afield as I saw - on here, you seemed to have a great fit. She's a pretty girl too.

I'm getting used to the fact that there wont be another "significant other" in my life, so I'm getting my Doberman rescue next week!

Take care mate.

Pete

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Lovely Steve. Reminds me of the many nights I've spent in the beautiful village of Cisnădioara, near Sibiu, In Transylvania, Romania. No light at all - laying on the kids big trampoline, the sky full of thousands of stars, in the play area of our children's lovely home. The most beautiful place I've ever been too, for many, many reasons. You'd love it - the biggest population of bears and wolves in Europe. 

This is autumn time.

Image result for CisnÄdioara photos

I rented a house in Sibiu one summer and tattooed the locals, one of my favourite places too, beautiful country.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

We have two very worthy winners for the title of "Most liked photo" for the month of September.

They are @Winsford Soul's portrait of a lapwing with its colourful plumage...

On 27/09/2018 at 15:18, Winsford Soul said:

Lapwing in the sunshine

Steve

IB2A7761 (2).JPG

...and the wittily observed photo of crate diggers that was captured by @Derek Pearson's dearly departed friend. I hope he would have enjoyed the appreciation of his photo here.

On 28/09/2018 at 03:16, Derek Pearson said:

Out of respect to a mate who sadly died recently here's a picture he took early part o' last year.

A brilliant observation - very witty, slightly cruel but probably very true.

'Record Collecting - It's The Future' (he said).

Rest Easy JW - looking for records without ya will never be the same.

Dx

745711314_ItsTheFuture(JW).thumb.jpg.3450068bf884b6d617ec2b50307c836b.jpg

Two great pics - thanks for sharing!! 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

22 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

We have two very worthy winners for the title of "Most liked photo" for the month of September.

They are @Winsford Soul's portrait of a lapwing with its colourful plumage...

...and the wittily observed photo of crate diggers that was captured by @Derek Pearson's dearly departed friend. I hope he would have enjoyed the appreciation of his photo here.

Two great pics - thanks for sharing!! 

Big thanks to everyone who has given my picture the thumbs up and commented .  Really appreciated

Steve 

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Personally Russell.  Your Amsterdam sunset was my choice,  thought it was fantastic , the colours where amazing. 

Steve 

Thanks. Really incredible skies here this time of the year, and you get more of it because the country's so flat. All I had to do was point my iPad at the sunset from the back balcony and the photo basically took itself. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Missing Link said:

The pine woods at Formby Sands are a good place to see them.

I know mate but all I ever see there is a bit of a tail or it's back through the branches. And the ones i saw there where almost black. I should have added I've never  photographed them before  to my original post .

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

5 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Progress has slowed down a bit due to unforeseen glitches - a little frustrating but then the house is well over a hundred years old. New solid and secure back door, new windows, and plaster board on ready for skimming.

door1.JPG

door3.JPG

door2.JPG

Is the clock making a return 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave. Could you ID this shrub / plant for me please.  It's actually grown from a bird feed seed that's self sown. The middle  image is the fruit/ nut Thank you. 

Steve 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=519623113c43b88eimageproxy.php?img=&key=519623113c43b88eimageproxy.php?img=&key=519623113c43b88eimageproxy.php?img=&key=519623113c43b88e

20181004_153853.jpg

20181004_153522.jpg

20181004_153235.jpg

It's a Datura stramonium, becoming more common in the UK, deadly poisonous, known as jimsonweed, thorn apple or devil's snare.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Dave.  Much appreciated mate. I will pass the information on 

Steve 

a pleasure Steve, it's very closely related to the much prized Brugmansia, like a poor cousin, both are poisonous.

Datura is not an hallucinogenic per se, it is a deleriant which is to say it blocks certain neurotransmitters in brain and creates an all-encompassing delirium. You remember those old scare stories that used to be told about taking acid? The old urban legends about people taking LSD, thinking they could fly and then walking out of third floor windows? (Of course if you’re on acid and you think you can fly then it’s not the acid that makes you jump out the window; it’s plain stupidity that makes you do it on the third floor instead of testing your theory first on the ground...)

But with devil’s weed, you really are so removed from reality, that the possibility of doing yourself a fatal mischief is all too real.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Dave. It's growing at the side of the barn conversion I'm staying at. I've passed the message on to the owners who actually asked the original  question about what it could be.  

Steve 

It will self set seed if not removed, but tell him to wear gloves unless he likes delirium.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, TattooDave said:

It will self set seed if not removed, but tell him to wear gloves unless he likes delirium.

I've told him thanks Dave. Think its had me, I'm guessing it can be absorbed through the skin . Was going to take the seed heads home as they're very ornamental shrubs, carried three seed heads yesterday evening back to the cottage woke up this morning feeling dizzy, slightly trippy, bit sick and a headache . I've slept most of the day feel normal now (whatever normal is in my world). Definitely a weird one though ,cant think of anything else it could be

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

I've told him thanks Dave. Think its had me, I'm guessing it can be absorbed through the skin . Was going to take the seed heads home as they're very ornamental shrubs, carried three seed heads yesterday evening back to the cottage woke up this morning feeling dizzy, slightly trippy, bit sick and a headache . I've slept most of the day feel normal now (whatever normal is in my world). Definitely a weird one though ,cant think of anything else it could be

Steve

😂😂😂😂😂 fukin trust you 😉😂😂😂 reyt funny m8 .atvb baz n shelly 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I once ripped loads o foxgloves out of my old garden and a mate said ya lucky to still be here ????? Why,was my answer and he told me that the flowers are proper dangermouse 😮😮😮😮whoops. Research showed he was right 😖😖😖😖long time ago now but still makes me look at purple foxgloves at the side of the road in a different light 😂😂lucky baz

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Note to ones self. DONT FCUKING TOUCH things I shouldn't :shades: :shades::shades:

Steve

Mm, reminds me of an old hippy mate. Fed me hot magic mushroom liquor, cake and some Lebanese Red ganga. Fcuked me up real bad. I pushed my then girl friend over a fence on the way home, and had illucinations of some dwarf like, killer ventriloquist doll on the top of my wardrobe. 

:hypo::sweatingbullets::(

• Up vote 3
Social source share

13 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve

That'll do it, the sap is the thing that does it.  My father comes into contact with it being a gamekeeper, but knows to steer clear without gloves after a couple of trippy episodes.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Updates on the passing through of Swallows. Saw 13 on Tuesday over on Caldy Island feeding over the fields. Managed 1 Wednesday, 1 Thursday and Friday none as yet today but its rather windy down here. Getting close to the latest that I've seen them in the UK.

Bet there's still plenty by you Dave down in sunny Spain

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share