Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

46 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Whilst I appreciate your obvious love for what you do. I personally don't have a musical bone in my body, never learned to or wanted to play any musical instrument in any way shape or form. I don't even know the difference between a bass guitar and a lead guitar,  just heard they saying.  I know a acoustic guitar isn't electric but is there such a thing as a acoustic bass or lead guitar  ? Excuse my ignorance 

Steve 

A Bass guitar usually has four strings, a rhythm or lead guitar usually has six.  Usually acoustic guitars are not electrified, but they can be, also you can get acoustic bass guitars, confused? You will be! As the late 70's sitcom "Soap" used to say.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 21/10/2018 at 19:08, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Probably a bit of a wander from the usual subjects covered here but quite like these pictures I took last year to post on a fb group. Had this Bass since I were 17 and she's been everywhere with me, I've done in excess of a thousand gigs with her, everywhere from Glastonbury to Oswestry and very many studio sessions. Although she looks mint in pictures and onstage she is actually considerably beat up when examined close up. With string muter engaged and Fender Flatwound strings getting on for twenty years old (the strings) matched with this lovely vintage Vox she is perfect for that classic vintage McCartneyesque tone. With neck pickup only switched in she has that lovely rich tone ala Jamerson, actually in the right hands the tonal possibilities are endless, I do have other vintage basses but this one is my baby and can be seen most weekends in a club somewhere in the extreme southwest! :hatsoff2:

20180215_161406.jpg

20180215_161838.jpg

20180215_161846.jpg

That's a great looking instrument you have there,Simon.You can't beat a 'Rick' for that splendid throaty growl that they possess.. practitioners such as Chris Squire and Geddy Lee spring to mind in particular!

I started out on the bass guitar in my teens before switching to the guitar but have recently started playing bass guitar again a lot more on my own recordings as opposed to just sampling the majority of bass sounds I use from records etc.

Thanks for sharing ,I'm a complete sucker for this kind of stuff!

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulsides said:

That's a great looking instrument you have there,Simon.You can't beat a 'Rick' for that splendid throaty growl that they possess.. practitioners such as Chris Squire and Geddy Lee spring to mind in particular!

I started out on the bass guitar in my teens before switching to the guitar but have recently started playing bass guitar again a lot more on my own recordings as opposed to just sampling the majority of bass sounds I use from records etc.

Thanks for sharing ,I'm a complete sucker for this kind of stuff!

Thanks, yeah I was aware that we share the interest. I have one of two vintage Fenders too but I've always been known as a Rick man. The bass is a wonderful instrument, glad you've gone to it.

CHRIS SQUIRE!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Very. Wish I hadn't mentioned it now 🤣

Steve 

I will run through it with you tomorrow night Steve ... I used to play a 4 string bass in a band, in my late teens early twenties, a Fender Precision (pre CBS), Hiwatt AP100 valve amp, Marshall 4 x 12 cab ... no wonder I have tinnitus 😄

Edited by martyn pitt
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, martyn pitt said:

I will run through it with you tomorrow night Steve ... I used to play a 4 string bass in a band, in my late teens early twenties, a Fender Precision (pre CBS), Hiwatt AP100 valve amp, Marshall 4 x 12 cab ... no wonder I have tinnitus 😄

My ears are ringing in anticipation already mate :P

PS. Did you Nick it off action man 

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Russell, whilst driving around Cheshire in our scaffold wagon I have seen quite a few owls carved out of tree trunks,

some cartoonish and some really lifelike,

this is a good one but i'm not sure about the wings, is there a reason for the raised wings ?

Ste. 👍

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Russell, whilst driving around Cheshire in our scaffold wagon I have seen quite a few owls carved out of tree trunks,

some cartoonish and some really lifelike,

this is a good one but i'm not sure about the wings, is there a reason for the raised wings ?

Ste. 👍

The owl is perched on top of an industrial greenhouse and used by the owner, who breeds racing pigeons, to scary away birds of prey and other predators that might take a fancy to the pigeons.

The owl's raised wings came about as a result of a storm the previous night - in the high winds they'd become detached from the body.  I just had to capture the comical effect! 🤣

• Up vote 2
Social source share

These decoys normally have a short effective life. Apart from the Heron lookalike for your garden ponds which surprisingly works. I once worked at a recycling plant that had a major problem with seagulls . They fitted a plastic hawk on a flexible pole which worked great for a few days then the gulls realised it was no threat and returned to the factory 

Steve 

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

The owl is perched on top of an industrial greenhouse and used by the owner, who breeds racing pigeons, to scary away birds of prey and other predators that might take a fancy to the pigeons.

The owl's raised wings came about as a result of a storm the previous night - in the high winds they'd become detached from the body.  I just had to capture the comical effect! 🤣

It looks like it's trying to shoo the birds away. 

Steve 

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

These decoys normally have a short effective life. Apart from the Heron lookalike for your garden ponds which surprisingly works. I once worked at a recycling plant that had a major problem with seagulls . They fitted a plastic hawk on a flexible pole which worked great for a few days then the gulls realised it was no threat and returned to the factory 

Steve 

It looks like it's trying to shoo the birds away. 

Steve 

No idea if this particular owl is doing a good job or not, but shoo-ing the birds away just might be the most effective thing it's ever done. 😂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 26/10/2018 at 20:31, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Quick question, those little 'deck' thingies either side of the mixer, what are they, keep seeing 'em, know nothing about DJ gear?

What can I say,I'm a pussy magneto 😀

While I was DJing at the same place yesterday, I had a peculiar love attack,

took this short video,you can see the decks from my point of view

• Up vote 2
Social source share