Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

14 hours ago, Bossfourpart1 said:

twisted wheel real Ale...

twisted wheel.jpg

I really dont get some of these descriptions of beer and wine - I just cant taste them. Sweet orange marmalade, pink grapefruit, a heady sense of cherries, apples dew, blah, blah,blah. I'm probably far too common.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

I really dont get some of these descriptions of beer and wine - I just cant taste them. Sweet orange marmalade, pink grapefruit, a heady sense of cherries, apples dew, blah, blah,blah. I'm probably far too common.

Good afternoon sir . Trust you are well :hatsoff2:Be like me, don't drink so it's all wasted.  Not that that was always the way. Drunk enough to sink her majestys  fleet in the past .

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Mal. Love the sunset colours and the reflection on the car. Brilliant 

Mal the more I look at this scene the better it becomes.  I personally would enter it into as many competitions as possible.  It's better than plenty of published material.  That's how good I think it is mate

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Mal C said:

Thank you 😉 Be honest Steve, I take that / these pictures all the time, it’s a staple collins composure:-)  you will see it from me many times, just framed differently . Be honest I could not take the pictures you do, I have an editorial eye, and I like silhouettes. You don’t have much scope with a I phone 

Thanks Mal. Photoshop out the two cars and that's definitely a winner. Not that i have ever used Photoshop or any other editing software. Wouldn't know how to.  Your eye for detail  has again proved to be able to get the perspective just right. Don't think I could.  

Steve 

Social source share

9 hours ago, TattooDave said:

The bush is a Pyracantha angustifolia, commonly known as firethorn, an excellent burglar deterrent, and thick enough to deter even the most determined of cats from catching blackbirds and the likes.  Vicious and rewarding, a nice combination.

Thanks for that ,Dave. Another bush next to this one, but not a firethorn, had a pair of  blackbirds nesting this year but something killed the chicks and threw them out, magpies probably but could have been one of the many local cats.

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Rick Cooper said:

Thanks for that ,Dave. Another bush next to this one, but not a firethorn, had a pair of  blackbirds nesting this year but something killed the chicks and threw them out, magpies probably but could have been one of the many local cats.

A canny blackbird would nest in the firethorn, about the only thing that would threaten them then is a stoat.

Social source share

47 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Some great photos on here Steve. I guess that you have been asked this many times before but what equipment are you using to get such great wildlife pics?

Steve 

Steve. Thank you . Very much appreciate your kind words mate . I'm currently using a  Canon eos 7d mk2 camera.  Lens wise. 70 - 200 f2.8 L mk2 or a 500 mm f4 L mk2 .

a picture of the 500 mm20180920_144011.thumb.jpg.1f177ab22424c587560fdd12f27e00ed.jpg

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

35 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve. Thank you . Very much appreciate your kind words mate . I'm currently using a  Canon eos 7d mk2 camera.  Len wise. 70 - 200 f2.8 L mk2 or a 500 mms f4 L mk2 picture below.  

Steve 

20180920_144011.jpg

Can ya get pics of the moon with that steve 😮 kin el

Social source share

17 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Weather Photographer of the Year: only a small selection of pics to look at, but they are stunners, especially the overall winner - which shows Blackpool's iconic tower, pier and ferris wheel against an impressive backdrop of a lightning storm.

Check them out:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46223996

Stunning photographs 

Thanks for sharing it Russell 

Steve 

Social source share