Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

Amsterdam Russ

2 hours ago, shinehead said:

Things like that are more about the spirit of Christmas than what we usually see , the ladies children will be made up and thrilled .

Good job well done Pete to you and the other staff involved .

Graham

Well said Graham.  What sort of country is it that we live in that people can't afford Christmas presents.  So sad.

Hats off :hatsoff2:to the Pete,s and his staff of the world.  God bless 

I know what it's like to be homeless at Christmas.  It's tough, really tough.  

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, shinehead said:

Things like that are more about the spirit of Christmas than what we usually see , the ladies children will be made up and thrilled .

Good job well done Pete to you and the other staff involved .

Graham

Thanks Graham

It was a lovely way to finish the day on Christmas Eve. Me and Suzette, one of the ladies in the photograph, delivered them personally. The young family have a roof over this heads, albeit temporarily, and on a crime ridden estate full of drug dealers and users, sex workers and general criminal sorts. We also bought mum a couple of presents too. 

Our housing advice team will be working with the family in the New Year to try and sort out some permanent accommodation. Victims of domestic abuse.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Pete

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Well said Graham.  What sort of country is it that we live in that people can't afford Christmas presents.  So sad.

Hats off :hatsoff2:to the Pete,s and his staff of the world.  God bless 

I know what it's like to be homeless at Christmas.  It's tough, really tough.  

Steve 

Thanks Steve

The work I do really impacts upon your emotional well being - we see so much hardship day in and day out. Nonetheless, I remain driven by social injustice and inequality, kit is part of my faith to serve, and we get more success stories than failures.

Happy Christmas to you and Lou.

Pete

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Thanks Steve

The work I do really impacts upon your emotional well being - we see so much hardship day in and day out. Nonetheless, I remain driven by social injustice and inequality, kit is part of my faith to serve, and we get more success stories than failures.

Happy Christmas to you and Lou.

Pete

Thanks doesn't seem enough for the job you and countless others do to help day in and day out, it's just brought up more this time of the year.  I know I slept in a school doorway,  car, then was lucky it was Christmas eve and friends went on holiday and I had a roof over my head for a week minding the house. 

God bless you my friend.  Have a wonderful Christmas and a soul full New Year. 

Steve n Lou.  X

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Looking good mate. Its amazing what a bit of tlc and food does. He's definitely a big dog now mate. Nice little earner with  a  breeding Doberman dog. 

I always feel safe with my very own Rottweiler ( Oops did I say that out loud)

Only joking.  I've always felt safe my friend,  Crossbow pistol.  Machete. Don't have a air rifle anymore.  Don't care . My house my defence.  Not my problem 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I took a number of photos at Shipley Station [Bradford] on 28 April 1984. In this one however there is something that has puzzled me ever since. Take a look at the unexplained image on the platform edge to the right of the shot. It looks quite frightening to me yet I didn't see anything unusual as I took the shot. Your thoughts?

Shipley 28 April 1984 001.jpg

Shipley 28 April 1984 001.jpg

Edited by Guest
Social source share

It was only when I scanned the photos for the first time just now [36 years after taking them], that I spotted those kids on the platform. I remember them playing there now though and that it was a Sunday. There didn't seem to be much else in the way of entertainment in the vicinity. I already have someone in mind on the site who I'm confident will know the answer. All the photos I uploaded today were taken with a Zenith E

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I had no idea what Huddersfield station would be like before I arrived there, however when I did I was overwhelmed by it. I returned just over two years later to watch Wimbledon get promoted to the 1st Division at Huddersfield in what was one of the worst matches I can recall being at, until the solitary goal went in!

Social source share

1 hour ago, tomangoes said:

Maltby and I remember it being a damned long walk from the town. My next posting is dedicated to you Ed

Edited by Guest
Social source share

@tomangoes Rotherham Masborough Station 26 April 1984 [Closed 3 October 1988]. 

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/r/rotherham_masborough/index.shtml

Roth Mas 1 [26 4 84] 001.jpg

Roth Mas 3 [26 4 84] 001.jpg

Roth Mas 2 [26 4 84] 001.jpg

Roth Mas 4 [26 4 84] 001 (2).jpg

The current Google street view of this same location taken in July 2015 looks very depressing with all the buildings beyond the bridge demolished. However, the Midland Railway Goods & Coal Station signage was still present with earlier signage beneath it partially revealed 31 years later.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4299827,-1.3714802,3a,75y,200h,78.82t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgdMjBtGfQh2qO-GEEwtfqw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Guest
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

I would just  like to thank Russell for the opportunity that he has given me for showing my photographs in this lovely thread he started.  Happy New year mate. 

Steve 

Thank you, Steve. That’s much appreciated. While I might have started the photography thread back in 2013 (was it really that long ago??), what’s kept it going strong is an endless stream of brilliant pics from so many Soul Source members. If we weren’t all curious to see the latest additions, or be so eager to add our own, the thread would have died ages ago. But it continues to go from strength to strength - and long may that continue!

Given it’s the first day of a new year, I’ll start up the 2019 thread shortly...

• Up vote 2
Social source share