Amsterdam Russ

Show Us Your Great Photos (2018)

46 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Whilst I appreciate your obvious love for what you do. I personally don't have a musical bone in my body, never learned to or wanted to play any musical instrument in any way shape or form. I don't even know the difference between a bass guitar and a lead guitar,  just heard they saying.  I know a acoustic guitar isn't electric but is there such a thing as a acoustic bass or lead guitar  ? Excuse my ignorance 

Steve 

A Bass guitar usually has four strings, a rhythm or lead guitar usually has six.  Usually acoustic guitars are not electrified, but they can be, also you can get acoustic bass guitars, confused? You will be! As the late 70's sitcom "Soap" used to say.

On 21/10/2018 at 19:08, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Probably a bit of a wander from the usual subjects covered here but quite like these pictures I took last year to post on a fb group. Had this Bass since I were 17 and she's been everywhere with me, I've done in excess of a thousand gigs with her, everywhere from Glastonbury to Oswestry and very many studio sessions. Although she looks mint in pictures and onstage she is actually considerably beat up when examined close up. With string muter engaged and Fender Flatwound strings getting on for twenty years old (the strings) matched with this lovely vintage Vox she is perfect for that classic vintage McCartneyesque tone. With neck pickup only switched in she has that lovely rich tone ala Jamerson, actually in the right hands the tonal possibilities are endless, I do have other vintage basses but this one is my baby and can be seen most weekends in a club somewhere in the extreme southwest! :hatsoff2:

20180215_161406.jpg

20180215_161838.jpg

20180215_161846.jpg

That's a great looking instrument you have there,Simon.You can't beat a 'Rick' for that splendid throaty growl that they possess.. practitioners such as Chris Squire and Geddy Lee spring to mind in particular!

I started out on the bass guitar in my teens before switching to the guitar but have recently started playing bass guitar again a lot more on my own recordings as opposed to just sampling the majority of bass sounds I use from records etc.

Thanks for sharing ,I'm a complete sucker for this kind of stuff!

1 hour ago, Soulsides said:

That's a great looking instrument you have there,Simon.You can't beat a 'Rick' for that splendid throaty growl that they possess.. practitioners such as Chris Squire and Geddy Lee spring to mind in particular!

I started out on the bass guitar in my teens before switching to the guitar but have recently started playing bass guitar again a lot more on my own recordings as opposed to just sampling the majority of bass sounds I use from records etc.

Thanks for sharing ,I'm a complete sucker for this kind of stuff!

Thanks, yeah I was aware that we share the interest. I have one of two vintage Fenders too but I've always been known as a Rick man. The bass is a wonderful instrument, glad you've gone to it.

CHRIS SQUIRE!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.