Karmello Brooks - Tell Me Baby

Guest rachel

Woke up with this song in my head the other morning, taken me three days to remember what it was :thumbsup: ... so erm how much is it likely to set me back?

Rach

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A grand easy, probably more. A cracked one made £500ish on eBay, so make from that what you will!

Billy :thumbsup:

link

Would have thought worth £1000 IMHO. Priobably £700. That was aboput the price I last saw that wsn't on e-bay. Can remember seeing this for £25 at one time :thumbsup:

Social source share

A grand easy, probably more. A cracked one made £500ish on eBay, so make from that what you will!

Billy :thumbsup:

link

Yeah think this must have been my old copy. Sold it on the Bay about 5 months ago. Think it went for just over 450 pound (cracked).

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Man love this one and also one i would like a story about, strange release to do a soulish 45 on a jazz label with mostly lps :rolleyes: i wonder what's behind it all..

best

Leo

Social source share

Man love this one and also one i would like a story about, strange release to do a soulish 45 on a jazz label with mostly lps  :rolleyes:   i wonder what's behind it all..

best

Leo

link

Don't know if this is any good to you, but here's what it says in the sleeve:

"Milestone was a NYC jazz label which was owned by Orrin Keepnews, the man behind the legendary Riverside jazz label. When Riverside folded he started Mileston in the late 60s, with LPs from Gary Bartz, Joe Henderson and Phil Upchirck among others. It was not until the mid-70s that the venture rose to prominence with jazz/funk hits from the likes of Azymuth, Flora Purim and Sonny Rollins.

In the early days a handful of singles were issued and this Karmello Brooks one is almost certainly a one-off. It was aimed primarily at the supper club jazz market judjing by the A-side ballad 'You're Breaking My Heart', but perhaps producer Phil Moore III cut his own ballad, then she would get to put one of her own compositions on the flip.

That turned out to be 'Tell me baby', which is ver removed from the world of jazz, save for one moment of scat singing slipped into the middle. It's basically one of those well-orchestrated pop songs that were recorded by the likes of Laura Nyro, Samantha Jones or Azie Mortimer in the late 60s and this one has the best tune of them all. Coupled with an acceptable dance beat that's made it a hit with DJs (Carl Fornum and Nigel Parker first popularised at Queen's Hall, Bradford all-nighters), the combination has sent the price through the roof and I'm personally sick, having sold to mint issues for sod-all eight years ago. wanker.gif "

Billy :rolleyes:

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!